Sonus Faber Electa Amator II

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
patbarrydub

Sonus Faber Electa Amator II

Post by patbarrydub »

These are very nice speakers and sound great, I have owned them for the past six years. Price is €2000 to include delivery. The file size of all photos are too large? so see hifiwigwam for pics, open to offers, thank you.
patbarrydub

Re: Sonus Faber Electa Amator II

Post by patbarrydub »

Going on to Ebay Sunday bump...
patbarrydub

Post by patbarrydub »

SSTP, thanks for all the interest everybody.
patbarrydub

Post by patbarrydub »

I still have these, if anyone wants pics let me know and I'll get them off to you. I got new stone plinths made up for them which are far superior as one of the originals cracked, I'll include the original stands with the sale, the cracked one can be repaired but the three cracks will still be visible after, cheers.
patbarrydub

Post by patbarrydub »

Price drop to €1750, these don't come up very often, the last pair I know of on Ebay back in the summer went for €1950 plus carriage and they had the not as nice stone/ metal stands. These were sold a couple of weeks ago for €1850 but when I was boxing up a small crack turned into a big one on one of the plinths so I got new ones made up, the old ones will also be included in the sale, free delivery. See Hifiwigwam classifieds for fresh pictures, first to see and hear will buy, thank you.
patbarrydub

Post by patbarrydub »

I really don't know about these hifi websites, Piotr sold his Cremonas on Done Deal, I put an ad on there a few hours ago and it looks like I have sold mine too.
tony

Post by tony »

patbarrydub wrote:I really don't know about these hifi websites, Piotr sold his Cremonas on Done Deal, I put an ad on there a few hours ago and it looks like I have sold mine too.
I sold all my Cyrus kit on adverts just a bigger audience on mainstream sites. This is a small site with probably 100 max active participants. They can't buy every piece advertised. Main UK sites have much bigger traffic but I have found they are very reluctant to buy stuff from the outer islands
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

patbarrydub wrote:I really don't know about these hifi websites, Piotr sold his Cremonas on Done Deal, I put an ad on there a few hours ago and it looks like I have sold mine too.
Eight posts on the forum, all in the Classifieds section. You might like to look at the top of the page, guidelines a) and b) in particular, before you start complaining too loudly...

Best of luck with the sale in any case. I always fancied a pair of the original Electa Amators, but my budget is virtually zero these days.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
patbarrydub

Post by patbarrydub »

I'm not complaining, just saying I'm surprised to have gotten a few enquiries from Done Deal in the space of a few hours and no reply here in a month, if I was looking for hifi I would never even have considered it or the likes before. I know pics can be uploaded here cos I've seen them but it's not easy with the file size allocated, I gave up trying with a Thinkpad and an Ipad Mini, cheers.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

When it comes to the pictures, I find it easier to upload them to a separate site like photobucket and then link them directly from there using the img tags. I know on android I can use the photobucket app to do this, I assume there are similar options in the iOS world but I don't know them myself. Maybe I'll have a look when I get home and write a little tutorial, because I know this is an issue that causes confusion.

I'll be honest, I'm also surprised at the reaction from donedeal (maybe not so much from the lack of reaction here, but that can just be the luck of the draw). I wonder who's scouring donedeal looking for high-end hifi purchases??
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2