Full System for beer money (literally)

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Sloop John B

Full System for beer money (literally)

Post by Sloop John B »

SWMBO has said the attic is full as far as hifi is concerned. So if the Naim SuperUniti box is to go into the attic, space has to be made.

So I have what amounts to a full system CD.amp and Tuner (and speakers if required) for sale , not quite what is called vintage, but they date from the mid 1990's.

Amplifier: Denon PMA450 SE

Still being used in my son's system but he is due to get my old NAD as an upgrade. Bought in Richer Sounds October 1994, my first separate!

Denon TU 260L: Bought in Richer Sounds the following year. Perennial Best Buy tuner. Currently in use.

From the attic (so no picture) would come a Philips CD recorder/player, circa 1997.

These items will not be boxed so collection is the only way.

Cost : Beer Money, or more precisely Beer:

6 x leann Follain (€15-€25 depending on where you buy)

Also possibly for sale is a Logitech Squeezebox Duet, bought from Fran, comes with controller and charger, I may have the box in the attic. Currently in use but being supplanted by a Naim UniQute. Can be controlled by IPhone with Ipeng or Logitech app.
This would be 3 x Leann Follain.

There are also JBL mini-monitors speakers in the attic. I normally like to keep speakers but if the purchaser needs speakers they can be included. Another 3 x LF

So the first 3 have to go in one lot and the speakers can only go with this lot.

The Squeezebox is a steal but I have 2 Touchs now having fallen in love with the Squeezebox offering so it may as well move on.

SJB
Diapason

Re: Full System for beer money (literally)

Post by Diapason »

This is ridiculous! I have the exact tuner and use it regularly.

I'll definitely take that squeezebox if you're serious!?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Shortly after I sold my tuner I got a pre amp with loads of inputs but then had no tuner! I'd happily take the denon tuner and a mate might take if the amp if the phono stage is working.

how much in € is the tuner? can also pay in O'Hara's fine stout or beer if desired.

sorry - just noticed you want to sell CD, amp and tuner together..... I can probably do that alright. PM me a price for the three.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Yeah, and if you're left with the CDP alone, I'll buy that off you as my brother's player (i.e. my old player) is dying.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

A Reply seemed to have gone awry there, so attempt #2

I'm not in jest, no point having things going obsolete in my attic when people could enjoy them.

The prices are solid as is the currency. I didn't want to put up an ad saying they were free as I think everything with a value should have some price.

In fact I also have another tuner a NAD in the attic. I'll have to check but I think it's this one - NAD 4020a

as I also have a Naim NAT01 in the attic I can add a Denon TU560L to the listing. (this has a basic remote control)

So Squeezebox Duet sold, I'll charge the controller and od a factory reset and have a look in the attic for the box. I'm in Templeogue, PM to arrange collection.

SJB
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

UPDATE:
SB Duet sold
Marantz amp, Denon Tuner and Philips CDP sold.

Is there any interest in the NAD tuner (ie is it worthwhile me taking it down form the attic to photograph while I'm up there?

SJB
peelaaa

Post by peelaaa »

Sloop John B wrote:UPDATE:
SB Duet sold
Marantz amp, Denon Tuner and Philips CDP sold.

Is there any interest in the NAD tuner (ie is it worthwhile me taking it down form the attic to photograph while I'm up there?

SJB
Interested in the nad. Is it infact the 4020a?
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Huge thanks to Sloop JB , tuner installed and being enjoyed, other bits on their way to other grateful recipients.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

peelaaa wrote:
Sloop John B wrote:

SJB
Interested in the nad. Is it infact the 4020a?
It is indeed. If you want it it will be 3 x Leann Follain and I'll get it from the attic over the week-end and verify it's fully working.

SJB
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

Ivor wrote:Huge thanks to Sloop JB , tuner installed and being enjoyed, other bits on their way to other grateful recipients.

It was a pleasure meeting up with you Ivor, glad your enjoying some sweet FM sounds.

SJB