WTD: LOMC Cartridge - Sorted :-)

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
bod

WTD: LOMC Cartridge - Sorted :-)

Post by bod »

Hi folks,

Due to an unfortunate incident involving a sleeve and a stylus the other day I am looking for a new cartridge. New or low hours up to €500 considered. Must be low output moving coil.

Cheers,

Dave.
Last edited by bod on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivor

Re: WTD: LOMC Cartridge

Post by Ivor »

The Hana EL would be about €420. I've heard nothing but good things about them. Link is to Ardowen Hfi in Enniskillen.

http://www.ardhowenhifi.com/product-category/hana/
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
bod

Post by bod »

Thanks Ivor. It`s on the shortlist already! Thing is, I loved the Denon 301MkII and may just get another one. Leaving the world of line contact types stylii behind me as I prefer the fuss free elliptical profiles these days. As the Hana is also elliptical I may take a punt.
bod

Post by bod »

Sorted! Hana EL on the way :-)
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Can I suggest a retip with Axel Schurholz in Germany. I had great service from him recently at a good price and quick turnaround. Actually I see he now has DL103 with elliptical tips from €195 - thats not bad.

https://www.schallplattennadeln.de/

info@schallplattennadeln.de

fran
Do or do not, there is no try
bod

Post by bod »

Cheers Fran. I may check him out. Not sure if the Denon is worth getting retipped, as the cantilever would also need replacing, so possibly the same money in the end as a new one. Still have the Clearaudio Titanium which needs a retip, but that would void any future trade-in value with them. First world problems etc.!!!
bod

Post by bod »

Good prices alright :-)
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yeah. I was gifted an old B&O MMC6000 with a standard mount - sent it off to him for a retip and thought it sounded great when I got it back. Absolutely delighted with the job. I know what your saying RE the trade in - I did that with my benz last time out, essentially got a new cart for half price. For an older cart though, its a super way to go.
Do or do not, there is no try