Quad ESL 57 - interest check

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Diapason

Quad ESL 57 - interest check

Post by Diapason »

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm thinking I should maybe sell my Quads, but on the other hand I'm not 100% sure!

The issue is simple: I never listen to them, not because I don't like them, but because for the most part I couldn't be bothered going through the rigmarole of detaching the Kharmas and attaching up and positioning the Quads, etc. I thought I'd use them more, but in reality they're just sitting there from one end of the week to the next without a single watt to tickle their fancy.

Is there anyone on here looking for a pair? I'd let them go if I thought they were going to a good home, but I'm not interested in putting them up on adverts/ebay/whatever at the moment. Price would be €400, and to be honest I won't be letting them go for any less.

(My original review is here if you're bored silly and looking for something to tip you over the edge.)

EDIT: These are no longer for sale. I've decided I'd regret letting them go some I'm going to keep them.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Sonus Faber Signum
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Diapason

Re: Quad ESL 57 - interest check

Post by Diapason »

Some dodgy phone pictures taken on the night they arrived. As you can see, getting a decent amount of separation is difficult in a 9' space!

Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Sonus Faber Signum
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

If i had room for these,i'd have snapped the them up already..Best of luck with the sale,simon,they won't last long here.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Thanks, jadarin. I actually have no idea how quickly or otherwise they might sell, but sure we'll see what happens. I understand the space issues, not to mention the WAF issues!!
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Also might be worth adding that Richard reconditioned the eht blocks on these only recently. So that bit is done for another 25yrs!
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:Also might be worth adding that Richard reconditioned the eht blocks on these only recently. So that bit is done for another 25yrs!

Would ye not consider 3 tiered stacks Fran?
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
Fran wrote:Also might be worth adding that Richard reconditioned the eht blocks on these only recently. So that bit is done for another 25yrs!

Would ye not consider 3 tiered stacks Fran?
That's the way Glenn (Croft) has his :) Oh and best of luck with the sale!
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Excellent point Fran, should have included that nugget of info myself.

Betcha if I DO sell them I'll be looking for another pair in a couple of years...
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

And another thing - the black grilles on this set are pretty mint - and its hard to get a set with really good grilles.

I'd need to break into the floor above to go 3 high. And then I'd be hung high.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

you could always go for a quad based 6.1 cinema system....
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....