Quad ESL57 and Triangle Zays speakers

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Tweedle12

Quad ESL57 and Triangle Zays speakers

Post by Tweedle12 »

Two pairs of fantastic speakers for sale - both are giant killers.

The Quads date to 1973, are bronze in colour and look great and sound amazing. I have the original owners' manual. OIRO £500.

The Triangle Zays are exceltionally detailed, fast and dynamic. Theh are substantial 3 way floor standers that are equally at home with solid state and valve amplification. They employ a lightweight paper driver in essentially a full range application, crossed over at 6000 Hz, supported by twin mid bass drivers to give great low frequency response. £ SOLD
I can email photos to anyone interested - sorry I am struggling here today - please pm me.

I am located in Belfast, but I am sure we can work something out to assist anyone a bit away.

Cheers,
TD
Last edited by Tweedle12 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tweedle12

Re: Quad ESL57 and Triangle Zays speakers

Post by Tweedle12 »

Offers on the ESL57s welcomed - you never know, I might say 'yes'!
TD
quadpsaudiotrioc100

Post by quadpsaudiotrioc100 »

Have you a pic of the Triangles? Will you email me when possible? Will pm ya. Cheers.
Komornick

Post by Komornick »

Tweedle12 wrote:Offers on the ESL57s welcomed - you never know, I might say 'yes'!
TD
Will you take 300E for the ESL57s ? What is the condition of the speakers ? Foil is ok ?
Tweedle12

Post by Tweedle12 »

Komornick wrote:
Tweedle12 wrote:Offers on the ESL57s welcomed - you never know, I might say 'yes'!
TD
Will you take 300E for the ESL57s ? What is the condition of the speakers ? Foil is ok ?
Thanks for your offer, but I couldn't let them go for that.