Looking for - PMC Twenty 21 / DB1i / TB2i

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
warrenduffy

Looking for - PMC Twenty 21 / DB1i / TB2i

Post by warrenduffy »

As per title, if anyone has a pair and they're looking to sell, give me a shout please.

Thanks,
Warren.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
halvis

Re: Looking for - PMC Twenty 21 / DB1i / TB2i

Post by halvis »

There is a pair of 21's for sale in the UK here - http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... p?t=197076
warrenduffy

Post by warrenduffy »

Thank you for the heads up!

I've had my eye on them but the description mentions a dent in the grill that covers the tweeter.
I cant see it in the pics but I'd be a little concerned that it could affect resale potential.
Will keep them in mind anyway

Thanks,
Warren.

bonenut

Post by bonenut »

also a pair on hi fi hut.was in a while ago and had a demo of the 22's.also had a listen to a pair of the 21's.was actually more impressed with the 21.
warrenduffy

Post by warrenduffy »

Thanks!
I think the 21's are gone. They're stocking the newer Twenty5 series, a little rich at the moment though.

bonenut

Post by bonenut »

there is still a pair of 21's in the special offer section(ex demo) for 1400.
warrenduffy

Post by warrenduffy »

Thanks again! I've spotted them.
Hifi Hut's prices are extortionate imo.
€1400 for ex-demo. Scandalous pricing. They can be had new from the UK for around £999.
I'm interested in the Tb2i if I could get my hands on a pair.
There's a pair on Ebay but the seller won't ship to Ireland.

Diapason

Post by Diapason »

PMC have always been a bit cheeky with their RRP pricing over here compared to the UK, and that actually put me off buying a pair more than 10 years ago. It's a shame really, because I've always loved the speakers (I ended up owning a pair of OB1s myself for a long time, bought second-hand) and Maurice from PMC (Patist on the old forum) used to be a great source of music and knowledge, not to mention putting together some excellent dems at shows. I haven't heard any of the latest range, but the BB5/XBD dem in the Burlington many moons ago remains one of the greatest hifi moments I can remember.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
warrenduffy

Post by warrenduffy »

Those BB5/XBD's are absolute beasts. Hearing those bad boys isnt an experience you'd forget in a hurry i imagine. The ATL port alone looks the size of the TB2i's.

halvis

Post by halvis »

Hi,

Just saw your PM, although my replies are not leaving my outbox for some reason.

Anyway, ATCs are still here yes.

thanks,

Jon