(SOLD) Sony SCD-1 CDP for sale

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
DaveF

(SOLD) Sony SCD-1 CDP for sale

Post by DaveF »

I'm selling this behemoth of a CD player. Whereas I need a CDP for my Stax setup, I'm downsizing to something compact, portable and streaming-capable.
The Sony was a flagship player launched for the release of SACD all those years ago. It was a 10,000Euro player back in its day and weighs a very hefty 28Kg. It also has digital outputs so can be used as a rock solid transport.

I'm selling for 600 Euro (after price edit). Player is in excellent condition. Dont have boxes so cant ship abroad.

Last edited by DaveF on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Maciej

Re: Sony SCD-1 CDP for sale

Post by Maciej »

DaveF wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:12 am I'm selling this behemoth of a CD player. Whereas I need a CDP for my Stax setup, I'm downsizing to something compact, portable and streaming-capable.
The Sony was a flagship player launched for the release of SACD all those years ago. It was a 10,000Euro player back in its day and weighs a very hefty 28Kg. It also has digital outputs so can be used as a rock solid transport.

I'm selling for 1400Euro ono. Player is in excellent condition.

Super sexy. You would need to spend again another 10 thousand euro on it today if you wanted to by one as solid as this one.
I’ve heard it at Fran’s place while ago. Sound fantastic and looks beyond anything.
For anyone like me who’s extensively using CD’s today despite modern age computer audio or return of the vinyl, this is best price you can buy. Get decent DAC and you will not regret. If I already had not decent CD player I would definitely buy this one from you with kiss in the hand!
Good luck with the sale.
Maciej
wizardfire

Post by wizardfire »

DaveF,

I am highly interested. How is the optic reading? Any obvious aesthetic challenges I should be aware of? 230v? How is the packaging? Let me know if this unit is still available..I am looking for a good and reliable transport at the moment. :)
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

This might be an odd question, but would this be because you can't get a Forsell Air Reference working?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Sonus Faber Signum
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Price drop to 600 Euro. This is a bargin price for a player that cost 10K in its day.
CDs and SACD's play fine but the SACD indicator light on top doesnt come on when SACD's play.

I dont have the packaging for this and wont ship abroad.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
willsandbills

Post by willsandbills »

Are you certain that SACDS are actually playing if the light is not on ??

whereabouts are you ??

willie
nautinut

Post by nautinut »

if you want to ship (take a carton and a lot of polystirene and pluriball) i'm ready to buy it.
Payment in advance
DaveF

Re: (SOLD) Sony SCD-1 CDP for sale

Post by DaveF »

Now sold