JLP wdm-ks player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Sajk

Re: JLP wdm-ks player

Post by Sajk »

nige2000 wrote: try mqn anyway it won't byte
Funny, I thought this is JLP related forum :-) Posted 2 questions and got 3 answers with advise to install mqn, even from sbgk :-(

Nevertheless kindly ask to reply to my last post about Squeezelite_affinityset_2core usage.
Thank you in advance.
PC (Windows Server 2012 audiophile core edition) & Pioneer DV-LX50 (CD/SACD/DVD-A)
DAC NAD M51, Amplifier Ayre V-3x, Speakers Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Sajk wrote:
nige2000 wrote: try mqn anyway it won't byte
Funny, I thought this is JLP related forum :-) Posted 2 questions and got 3 answers with advise to install mqn, even from sbgk :-(

Nevertheless kindly ask to reply to my last post about Squeezelite_affinityset_2core usage.
Thank you in advance.
That's because jlp is not being developed at the moment, has not been for some time and likely will not be soon or even never be developed any further.
Besides the MQN has been developed further and surpassed JLP in sound quality by a wide margin, and sound quality is what we are aiming for on this forum.

So all comments are made with best intentions to steer you towards better quality and off a dead end track.

The aim of the program is to change the cpu affinity of the squeezelite program assuming a 2-core cpu. It will move all other programs to another core and leave just squeezelite on its dedicated core.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Sajk

Post by Sajk »

Aleg wrote: That's because jlp is not being developed at the moment, has not been for some time and likely will not be soon or even never be developed any further.
Besides the MQN has been developed further and surpassed JLP in sound quality by a wide margin, and sound quality is what we are aiming for on this forum.

So all comments are made with best intentions to steer you towards better quality and off a dead end track.

The aim of the program is to change the cpu affinity of the squeezelite program assuming a 2-core cpu. It will move all other programs to another core and leave just squeezelite on its dedicated core.
Thank you Aleg, now everything clear!

Anyway kindly ask to describe how to use Squeezelite_affinityset_2core:
- should I run it after Squeezelite-win
- run Squeezelite_affinityset_2core with some arguments in command line
PC (Windows Server 2012 audiophile core edition) & Pioneer DV-LX50 (CD/SACD/DVD-A)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Sajk wrote:
Aleg wrote: That's because jlp is not being developed at the moment, has not been for some time and likely will not be soon or even never be developed any further.

Thank you Aleg, now everything clear!

Anyway kindly ask to describe how to use Squeezelite_affinityset_2core:
- should I run it after Squeezelite-win
- run Squeezelite_affinityset_2core with some arguments in command line
what happens if you rename it to squeezelite-win.exe ?
Sajk

Post by Sajk »

sbgk wrote: what happens if you rename it to squeezelite-win.exe ?
How? In this case I will have 2 programs with the same name and extension in BIN folder...
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

backup and replace
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

new version of lms out 7.8, some brave souls even say it sounds better

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... -far/page1

lol, usual suspects pile on
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:new version of lms out 7.8, some brave souls even say it sounds better

aghhh let them at it, its not worth it

whos code is it anyway?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

nige2000 wrote:
sbgk wrote:new version of lms out 7.8, some brave souls even say it sounds better

aghhh let them at it, its not worth it

whos code is it anyway?
M Herger - see page 2

LMS does have an impact on the sound and if the developers are not interested then it's not going to improve much.

The fact that SQ can be influenced by things upstream is hardly the greatest controversy of the known world.
mick

Post by mick »

That Julf guy all over the thread. Does he actually listen to music at all. Seems he can't hear any difference in anything. Why bother with music just read a music score then look at a frequency spectrum and cut out the middlemen altogether.