MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
HaraldBluetooth

Re: MQN

Post by HaraldBluetooth »

Hi I'm new here and to MQn.

I want to say thanks for this wonderful player, although it's hard to catch all knowledge up, but I think I've succeeded to get this working
with an elder version together with mqnload and sox.

I've a couple of questions.

1. Should it be possible to play 24/96 or 24/192 files with these versions of mqnplay and mqncontrol?:

MQnControl: 2 core affinity v2.exe
MQnPlay: 2.59 sse4 intel ms drv 8 4.exe

2. Is there newer and better versions, that work together with mqnload? Or a trick to get newer versions to work with it?

My system:

Windows 8.1 Pro, 64bit
Intel Core2 Quad processor Q9550 2.83GHz (not Haswell or newer)
8GB RAM
iFi micro iDSD Amplifier/DAC
Sennheiser HD 580
Topping TP22 Class T digital amplifier
Antique CV 12TR speakers (Purchased back in 1980, when I was 17 years old :O)
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit / Intel i5-4570 3.20GHz 16GB RAM / iFi micro iDSD DAC / Sennheiser HD 580 / Topping TP60 Class T amp / NAD 3080 int. amp / Antique CV 12TR + Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo One speakers
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

HaraldBluetooth wrote:Hi I'm new here and to MQn.

I want to say thanks for this wonderful player, although it's hard to catch all knowledge up, but I think I've succeeded to get this working
with an elder version together with mqnload and sox.

I've a couple of questions.

1. Should it be possible to play 24/96 or 24/192 files with these versions of mqnplay and mqncontrol?:

MQnControl: 2 core affinity v2.exe
MQnPlay: 2.59 sse4 intel ms drv 8 4.exe

2. Is there newer and better versions, that work together with mqnload? Or a trick to get newer versions to work with it?

My system:

Windows 8.1 Pro, 64bit
Intel Core2 Quad processor Q9550 2.83GHz (not Haswell or newer)
8GB RAM
iFi micro iDSD Amplifier/DAC
Sennheiser HD 580
Topping TP22 Class T digital amplifier
Antique CV 12TR speakers (Purchased back in 1980, when I was 17 years old :O)
Welcome Harald, I knew you're grandson Cnut the Great

cpu seems a bit old, but should work. The 24/96 versions are usually labelled as such.
HaraldBluetooth

sbgk wrote:
Welcome Harald, I knew you're grandson Cnut the Great

cpu seems a bit old, but should work. The 24/96 versions are usually labelled as such.
Thanks sbgk, he was also a great man (just like me :O)

I tried and managed to get 24/192 files working with the ordinary versions, but this must be because my DAC is supporting this somehow:

MQnControl: 2 core affinity v2.exe 2 core affinity v2.exe 2 core affinity v2
MQnPlay: 2.59 sse4 intel ms drv 8 4.exe sse4 intel ms drv 8 4.exe sse4 intel ms drv 8 4.exe sse4 intel ms drv 8 4

A1 - Pink Moon
A2 - Place to Be
A3 - Road
A4 - Which Will
A5 - Horn
A6 - Things Behind the Sun
B1 - Know
B2 - Parasite
B3 - Free Ride
B4 - Harvest Breed
B5 - From the Morning

File Format 24 bits per sample 192000 samples per second

File load count - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

X - Exit:

Which mqncontrol version would you recommend to my setup??
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit / Intel i5-4570 3.20GHz 16GB RAM / iFi micro iDSD DAC / Sennheiser HD 580 / Topping TP60 Class T amp / NAD 3080 int. amp / Antique CV 12TR + Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo One speakers
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

Well, Harald,

You certainly betray your good taste with that album.

One of my favorites.

Would have liked to hear more from Mr. Drake. Still makes me sad to think about it ...
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers
HaraldBluetooth

rickmcinnis wrote:Well, Harald,

You certainly betray your good taste with that album.

One of my favorites.

Would have liked to hear more from Mr. Drake. Still makes me sad to think about it ...
Yes this is one of my favorites too :O) - It's sad you have to have a troublesome life to make great art.

The album here is a Vinyl-rip from aksman of the Universal Japan 200g LP mastered by Kazumi Tezuka, one of the few 24-bit/192kHz albums I have,
because my previous soundcard didn't support it.
tony

Post by tony »

Welcome aboard Harald I think Fran should put up a sticky to allow new members introduce themselves if they wish. Agree re Nick Drake that album is very special.
Will dropbox a version a little later that plays all resolutions and hopefully it works on your machine.Not sure what vintage it is as it was renamed at some point. Probably need to do hex editor on it.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
HaraldBluetooth

tony wrote:Welcome aboard Harald I think Fran should put up a sticky to allow new members introduce themselves if they wish. Agree re Nick Drake that album is very special.
Will dropbox a version a little later that plays all resolutions and hopefully it works on your machine.Not sure what vintage it is as it was renamed at some point. Probably need to do hex editor on it.
Thanks Tony :)

Look forward to listen to that version. At the moment I use:

16/44.1: mqncontrol: 3.61 512 - mqnplay: 3.14 1644 24 bit sse2
>16/44.1: mqncontrol: 2 core affinity v2.exe - mqnplay 2.59 sse4 intel 8 8 (These versions can play all resolutions too)

I'm using MQnLoad, as I think this is the most convenient way, and therefore I had to rename mqncontrol 3.61 and mqnplay 3.14 to get them to work.

Edit: Is there a backup of all versions made somewhere, because I can't find a lot of the 4.xx versions of mqnplay on the google archive, maybe it's just me?
tony

Post by tony »

HaraldBluetooth wrote:
tony wrote:Welcome aboard Harald I think Fran should put up a sticky to allow new members introduce themselves if they wish. Agree re Nick Drake that album is very special.
Thanks Tony :)

Look forward to listen to that version. At the moment I use:

16/44.1: mqncontrol: 3.61 512 - mqnplay: 3.14 1644 24 bit sse2
>16/44.1: mqncontrol: 2 core affinity v2.exe - mqnplay 2.59 sse4 intel 8 8 (These versions can play all resolutions too)

I'm using MQnLoad, as I think this is the most convenient way, and therefore I had to rename mqncontrol 3.61 and mqnplay 3.14 to get them to work.

Edit: Is there a backup of all versions made somewhere, because I can't find a lot of the 4.xx versions of mqnplay on the google archive, maybe it's just me?
Ah you are doing ok I though you had no working versions.Heading to work never got a chance last night but will put it up tonight. Yes some people have all the versions/controls. I have lots as well in download folders and usb sticks but it is a mess!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

Here is my huge MQN collection (backup folder).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r41vy8xozyqkths/mqn.zip?dl=0

Older ones because I can't listen to haswell builds (what makes me cry).
BTW I still use MQN. So enjoy...
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
tony

Post by tony »

Thanks John you beat me to it. Might download yours I probably have them all but so scattered now probably not findable.

Haroldbluetooth and Elaprince here are some of mine should mostly be working the older ones some are all hires and should play on pre haswell the later ones shouldn't. I am mainly using basic MQn with tasker and clockrate. Might be one MQNload version there.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dprei3t1aeba ... qUypa?dl=0