lekt player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jesuscheung

Re: lekt player

Post by jesuscheung »

Win10 more nuances lesser earaches. Latest lekt won't work though. Older lekt maybe all things better on win10. Latest lekt still win
goon-heaven

Post by goon-heaven »

lekt wrote:welcome thread's owner, goon-heaven. waiting for your testing in win10 soon. what do you think, maybe we will go to win10 and try new sound?

v3.41.1 dupz and v3.41.2 align32 both are good, they have best SQ of lekt. dupz more clarity but lesser air.

think need refference to v3.34.2 256 sub and v3.39 256 lea. these 2 versions have very good nuances that dupz and align32 haven't. sub: good sound depth and stage, lea have specialy style/tempo/focus so i feel more emotion, very strong vocal.
I would like to try Server 2016 Preview - I assume that will have same audio infrastructure as Win10?
I am away for next couple of weeks, but then should be able to get on with setting up new OS.

Also will restart testing with well-recorded music, rather than the lo-fi summer dance/sing-along music that still permeates my skull :)
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

goon-heaven wrote: ....I would like to try Server 2016 Preview - I assume that will have same audio infrastructure as Win10?
I am away for next couple of weeks, but then should be able to get on with setting up new OS.

Also will restart testing with well-recorded music, rather than the lo-fi summer dance/sing-along music that still permeates my skull :)
goon you need to come back for more testing! hehe

as soon as i connect to internet, win10 does "things" by itself! it loves to update my graphic driver into BSOD... out of control man

and i am getting message like "you need to update OneDrive"...

AIRPLANE mode makes everything better

anyway,
----------------
win10 + older lekt = more details, more bass quantity, softer bass, better treble, better focus, better vocal. note weight feels the same. bass nuances feels very different.

win8.1+align32/dupz/lea > win10+older lekt
goon-heaven

Post by goon-heaven »

jesuscheung wrote: as soon as i connect to internet, win10 does "things" by itself! it loves to update my graphic driver into BSOD... out of control man

and i am getting message like "you need to update OneDrive"...

AIRPLANE mode makes everything better
Yes. That is the issue... Win10 is NOT your servant, but a marketplace brought nearer your wallet with the sole intention of emptying it.
lekt

Post by lekt »

people said win10 Pro can ~ resolve problem with automatic update. don't like this feature, windows changes almost things that's good tweaked, and need redo. i've update windows on 3 - 6 months once, usually in this time MS can replace with newer and better kernel's files.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

lekt wrote:people said win10 Pro can ~ resolve problem with automatic update. don't like this feature, windows changes almost things that's good tweaked, and need redo. i've update windows on 3 - 6 months once, usually in this time MS can replace with newer and better kernel's files.
"Machines on the LTSB will receive only security and hot fixes, and no new features, for ten years."

think win10 LTSB is the way to go

think win10 pro version will be trouble, auto install new features for next 10 years ??!! hehe
elaprince

Post by elaprince »

jesuscheung wrote:
lekt wrote:people said win10 Pro can ~ resolve problem with automatic update. don't like this feature, windows changes almost things that's good tweaked, and need redo. i've update windows on 3 - 6 months once, usually in this time MS can replace with newer and better kernel's files.
"Machines on the LTSB will receive only security and hot fixes, and no new features, for ten years."

think win10 LTSB is the way to go

think win10 pro version will be trouble, auto install new features for next 10 years ??!! hehe

Win10 might be OK if your budget is set low (better the win 8 for sure)
But it is not better then win server2012 r2
Now with server 2016 coming out that could be interesting to test and see
lekt

Post by lekt »

has learn more wasapi core, access to audiokse.dll (audioses.dll only first layer, like as shell) , rewriten its functions. here's code very complex, still not found how to replace wasapi buffer with user buffer to directly transfer data.

uploaded:
v3.42 256 kse
v3.42.1 256 gvar

sound better coz bypass many no-needed checking code of audiokse.dll's functions.
try them.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

lekt wrote:has learn more wasapi core, access to audiokse.dll (audioses.dll only first layer, like as shell) , rewriten its functions. here's code very complex, still not found how to replace wasapi buffer with user buffer to directly transfer data.

uploaded:
v3.42 256 kse
v3.42.1 256 gvar

sound better coz bypass many no-needed checking code of audiokse.dll's functions.
try them.
"still not found how to replace wasapi buffer with user buffer to directly transfer data."

is it something to do with kernel memory not being addressable fro user mode ?
lekt

Post by lekt »

sbgk wrote:is it something to do with kernel memory not being addressable fro user mode ?
yes, i'm probably wrong, sbgk.
but think audio core copies data from buffer (which we recieve it by GetBuffer function) to xxx-buffer. i don't try write data to this xxx-buffer (maybe it's sound card device buffer?), only replace with my buffer pointer, and core will make this copying, not me. still can't bypass 2 functions (and maybe next layer more..) of audiokse.dll, very long code. need learn kernel mode.