MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
John Dot

Re: MQN

Post by John Dot »

SSE4 users still lurking in the shadows ;)
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

John Dot wrote:SSE4 users still lurking in the shadows ;)
As everyone is looking for a hardware solution these days, I wonder if the future of MQn is as a high quality laptop/pc player using the headphone socket from the internal soundcard.

Now realise that the play via the headphone was using wavert instead of wave cyclic, so probably why it sounded good. Wasapi takes care of that side of things, but a bit more difficult in kernel streaming mode.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
As everyone is looking for a hardware solution these days, I wonder if the future of MQn is as a high quality laptop/pc player using the headphone socket from the internal soundcard.

Now realise that the play via the headphone was using wavert instead of wave cyclic, so probably why it sounded good. Wasapi takes care of that side of things, but a bit more difficult in kernel streaming mode.
Everybody is looking for a silver bullet, which doesn't exist IMHO.
Best result is achieved by combination of good software and good hardware.
Choice for one without the other is always suboptimal IMHO.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:

Completely agree there is no such thing as silver bullet software that cures any of the hardware flaws
In fact I would suggest that using poorish hardware for development and testing of the software considerably limits it's own potential
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

nige2000 wrote:
Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:
As everyone is looking for a hardware solution these days.....

Wasapi takes care of that side of things, but a bit more difficult in kernel streaming mode.
Completely agree there is no such thing as silver bullet software that cures any of the hardware flaws
In fact I would suggest that using poorish hardware for development and testing of the software considerably limits it's own potential
+1

Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded control v22 and play v148, be interested if it works on other dacs, works on mine. very sensitive to other things happening on the computer at which point it'll play at half speed.

may be able to get it working for other dacs if there is a problem.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:uploaded control v22 and play v148, be interested if it works on other dacs, works on mine. very sensitive to other things happening on the computer at which point it'll play at half speed.

Gordon

the two new files are name play and counter v22 and not control.
I suspect you uploaded the wrong file (counter instead of control) looking at the file size.

Cheers
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:uploaded control v22 and play v148, be interested if it works on other dacs, works on mine. very sensitive to other things happening on the computer at which point it'll play at half speed.

Using the two latest files, playback is running OK here.
It is a dedicated machine though.
janh

Post by janh »

Mqnplay v148 and counter v23 play fine here. My PC is also a dedicated musicplayer machine.
With play v148 and counter v23, sq is very nice.
Gigabyte H97M-D3H with PPA OCXO module. i7-4790T, 800MHz. 8GB Ram, 800MHz.
PPA 2-rail LPSU & Pico. JCAT battery for OS-SSD and PPA v3 USBcard.
Server 2012 R2, AO 1.40. APL HiFi DAC-S, upd. Only use 1644 .wav
maroni

Post by maroni »

+1 without problems - and I often have.
Soundwise stunning. Wondering what it makes so particular, slightly "euphonic".
Too early in terms of long-term hearing, on the way...
ASUS Z97M-PLUS;i7-4770;Server2012R2;SOtM tX-USB PCI; OffRamp5;AS DAX Discrete "Blackgated";Chord Hugo;EAR 912; EAR 869;SAC Igel;Odeon No.32S.