MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

MQN

Post by tony »

I think this thread will get a few posts over time. Very surprised that the drum Nigel and John have being championing sounds so good.
This is on single pc. Basic player haven't installed it yet but will be trying it out soon.

The streaming could be got around(lack of) by wireless keyboard/mouse and either long cable for screen or spend a chunk of money for a wireless screen. I am sure something like team viewer or else the redundant meicord cable could be used to contact/control the audiopc to give comfortable remote control.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Re: MQN

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote:I think this thread will get a few posts over time. Very surprised that the drum Nigel and John have being championing sounds so good.
This is on single pc. Basic player haven't installed it yet but will be trying it out soon.

The streaming could be got around(lack of) by wireless keyboard/mouse and either long cable for screen or spend a chunk of money for a wireless screen. I am sure something like team viewer or else the redundant meicord cable could be used to contact/control the audiopc to give comfortable remote control.
Ah sure would we ever steer you wrong :)?
Yes MQN is great & only getting better.
It is said to integrate/work with Foobar - we haven't tried this yet but if it does then this would give remote control options via iphone/ipad/android.

BTW Tony thanks for another landmark night - it was great fun & very interesting

I wonder could Ken & Fran post some of the music we listened to as they were fine pieces?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Sure will. The music I brought was Amber Rubarth - Sessions from the 17th Ward 24/96 recorded in Binaural Sound by David Chesky and available from HDTracks.com

http://www.amberrubarth.com/

Again, thanks to Tony for organizing a great evening, 6 pc's with their insides showing(and the lovely turntable). Great sounds all round especially MQN which looks like the future when it gets fully developed.
Very enjoyable , and well done.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Big thumbs up from me too for MQN, bit of a jaw dropper really as I never expected such great sound and being honest I think it relegates JPlay to the subs bench in terms of overall music delivery.
Need to get my Zuma back up and working and do some comparative testing in the quiet of my own setup to confirm what I heard last night but I think it is a great moment to have some serious competition now for JPlay.

Thanks again to Tony and family for the great night, hospitality (coffee, tea, cakes, wine...the works) and especially the great sounds provided by all there, I got so comfortable i left without some clothes..........
Not what you think....in my effort to gather all the paraphernalia i brought along I did well to manage to gather it all up but after my self congratulations on managing to leave nothing behind I realised this morning I left without my jacket....i guess it would not be a good meet without forgetting something!

Looking forward to some serious MQN testing over the winter months.
Cheers, Pearse.

Post by nige2000 »

Another great night
thanks tony
think everybody seen the potential of MQn
follow this link for downloads
http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/
required files are

mqn.bat
mqncontrol.exe
mqnplay.exe
paste.exe

place them in the same folder/directory copy your 16 bit wav file (to clipboard (right click, copy)) and double click mqn.bat

there are several different test versions on google drive

think mqnplay 2.43 r11 is supposed to be the best (must me renamed to mqnplay.exe)
and mqncontrol dwm off (also to be re named)

ill file share the complete music player folder myself later
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tw9i3e9dkky9j6q/Qe7aL08-jF
Last edited by nige2000 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Not sure where to stick this but I expect all the usual suspects might frequent here for a while.
I picked up an extra Cat 7 cable last night by accident, will drop it back to Tony's, maybe it is yours Tony.

Post by nige2000 »

Sligolad wrote:Not sure where to stick this but I expect all the usual suspects might frequent here for a while.
I picked up an extra Cat 7 cable last night by accident, will drop it back to Tony's, maybe it is yours Tony.
Didnt get unpacked yet
what colour is it?
meicord is it?!!!!!!!!!
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Think we might need a separate thread for post meets Nige as I just realised I left a short blue Meicord behind me!!
The one I picked up is grey with metal jackets on the ends and about a metre long, have one very similar for the Giso.

Just had my first listen to MQN on my AV PC and it sounds good.
Looking forward to getting my Zuma back running again for a proper listen, just need to order a new Pico which reminds me....

Post by nige2000 »

heres the wide input pico
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/230595608165?ssP ... 1439.l2649

he ships em fairly quick too

ill check my basket for the meicord but i dont think i lifted it by mistake
tony

Post by tony »

Sligolad wrote:Think we might need a separate thread for post meets Nige as I just realised I left a short blue Meicord behind me!!
The one I picked up is grey with metal jackets on the ends and about a metre long, have one very similar for the Giso.

Just had my first listen to MQN on my AV PC and it sounds good.
Looking forward to getting my Zuma back running again for a proper listen, just need to order a new Pico which reminds me....

As well as that a bugatti leather jacket I found a stray meicord lying under my laptop. Seems to add some depth and analogue presence to Jplay.
The grey with metal jackets might be mine but doubt it if it is cat7. Maybe Ken owns that one. Amazing what one can lose during interplay.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.