What are you listening two?

Jose Echenique

Re: What are you listening two?

Post by Jose Echenique »

It`s a long time since France produced a large voiced dramatic soprano like Regine Crespin, but they keep making glorious, light, lovely lyric sopranos like Veronique Gens, Sandrine Piau and now Sabine Devieilhe, who not only sings splendidly, but also communicates a mischievous, charming personality.
This is one of the rare Rameau opera arias recitals, since his arias are very short they don´t lend themselves to this kind of recitals, but this is wisely done alternating dances and duets with the arias. The ensemble Les Ambassadeurs, new to me, are prodigious, they play with brilliance and flair, and since this recitals goes over 81 minutes it´s also very generous. A very, very good recording.
mcq

Post by mcq »

Listening tonight to Mozart's late quartets as performed by the Alban Berg Quartet on Teldec.  Utterly glorious music presented here in some of their finest performances.  Just like all of the great music, there may never be enough time in one's life to unlock all of its encoded secrets.  So much technical invention on display here, but, more importantly, so much interior emotion was laid down in this marvellous music.  

Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Symphonies 3 & 4

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

A great version.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

Saturday morning listening....

fergus

Post by fergus »

fergus

Post by fergus »

Berlioz: Harold in Italy....

Jose Echenique

Post by Jose Echenique »

DFD surprisingly was a good conductor, far better than Plácido Domingo. Besides that Harold en Italie he also recorded a very sound and elegant Brahms Fourth with the Czech Philharmonic.
Jose Echenique

Post by Jose Echenique »

And since today we mourn the passing of Carlo Bergonzi, one of the greatest tenors of the 20th Century, let´s revisit this glorious duets recital, two titans together who are now leading voices in the Heavenly Choir.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jose Echenique wrote:DFD surprisingly was a good conductor, far better than Plácido Domingo. Besides that Harold en Italie he also recorded a very sound and elegant Brahms Fourth with the Czech Philharmonic.

I never even knew that he conducted before I recently bought the above album Pepe. Not that I have heard too many "Harolds" but I found this one to be excellent! I must investigate that Brahms Fourth.