What are you listening two?

fergus

Re: What are you listening two?

Post by fergus »

Debussy & Ravel under the direction of von Karajan....

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:Debussy & Ravel under the direction of von Karajan....

I like that CD.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:
fergus wrote:Debussy & Ravel under the direction of von Karajan....

I like that CD.

That one is on vinyl Seán; I think that the CD version has the dreaded Bolero added as a major filler LOL!!
mcq

Post by mcq »

First listen to two exceptional new CDs tonight.  First up is a recital from Czech soprano, Hana Blažiková, a favourite of Suzuki and Herreweghe, concentrating on repertoire from Fux, Ariosti, Baldassare and Bononcini.  This is thoughtful, unshowy music that is delivered with grace and sensitivity by Blažiková.  Secondly, I listened to the latest release in Supraphon's ever-excellent Music from 18th Century Prague series which is devoted to the sacred music of Josef Antonín Sehling as performed by Collegium Marianeum under the direction of Jana Semeradova (who recently recorded a profoundly moving version of Zelenka's Lamentations for Supraphon).  Utterly beautiful music in performances of of rapt devotion.  

Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

fergus wrote:I think that the CD version has the dreaded Bolero added as a major filler LOL!!
One of my guilty pleasures. I just can't help myself...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Jose Echenique

Post by Jose Echenique »

I guess every important countertenor has to have his version of the hauntingly beautiful Stabat Mater. Jaroussky with his child-like voice sings it very well, and it would really be up to one´s personal taste to decide where you place it among the 2 dozen or so recordings available. Personally my favorites among countertenors are Gérard Lesne, Andreas Scholl and David Daniels, and among female contraltos Sara Mingardo of course.
But Jaroussky is a sensitive artist and he knows what he is singing about. The ensemble Artaserse plays very well.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Ludwig van Beethoven
Symphony no. 4

Minnesota Orchestra
Osmo Vänskä conducting

Maestro Vänskä and the Mo were made for each other.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Buxtehude: Trio Sonatas....

fergus

Post by fergus »

Diapason wrote:
fergus wrote:I think that the CD version has the dreaded Bolero added as a major filler LOL!!
One of my guilty pleasures. I just can't help myself...

We all have our vices!!!
markof

Post by markof »

Something fine to take my mind off the foul weather this morning.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X