Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
tweber

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by tweber »

markof

Post by markof »

Oldie but goodie from a pre-Roxy Phil Manzanera and Quiet Sun
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

one of the many records on the TT this afternoon

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Dunno where I should put this, but here's what I'm listening to one way or the other!

Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Sonus Faber Signum
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

It probably counts as rock... Conor O'Brien's third album and his most intimate and accomplished to date. Normally when I see an album is "recorded at his home" I fear for both quality control on the songs and the recording but in this case my fears were unfounded. It's beautifully recorded if a little sparse and the songwriting has moved away from the clever couplets that were just a bit twee on his debut (Becoming a jackal). It's a very honest and emotional collection of songs dealing with relationships and bigotry. It is, to my knowledge, the first album where Conor openly writes as a gay man. It's a short album at about 36 minutes but I found myself playing hitting the repeat button anyway... Highly recommended.

Just found a review in the NY Times.... http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/14/arts/ ... .html?_r=1

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Bannjo

Post by Bannjo »

Just listening to it now, really like it, and agee it is step up in maturity in terms of writing and a great sound :)
markof

Post by markof »

Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
mcq

Post by mcq »

A recent purchase.  Sufjan Stevens' latest album, Carrie and Lowell, is an exceptional achievement.  Heartfelt, eloquent, literate and, above all, deeply heartbreaking.  Ten listens in, I'm only beginning to skim the surface but I really get the feeling that this is a special album, a career highlight for Stevens.  At this point, two outstanding songs come to mind.  Death with Dignity sounds to me like the best song that Elliot Smith sadly never got a chance to write, a heartfelt farewell to a loved one.  John My Beloved is the best thing Stevens has ever written and a song that I can't get out of my head right now, a heartbreaking meditation on loss and the transitory nature of our existence.  But really, this should be taken as a self-contained suite of songs to be savoured in a single, if deeply troubling, listen.  An astonishing piece of work.

Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Derek

Post by Derek »

A live two CD offering taken from the second last night on the 2013 tour, no overdubs, 30 tracks.
Hit after-hit after-hit after-hit... it's brilliant.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Loving this at the moment...

Do or do not, there is no try