What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:
tweber wrote:
Yup Dermot, Currents, Tame Impala's latest. Less guitar based than previously, a great listen. Sorry, pic from Amazon. Got a lot of stuff recently but too busy to post or listen to a lot of it yet.
Heard Roger Waters lp today too, sounded good, if not all to my taste, enjoy
Right, thanks for that Shane. Ah poor old Roger! I can't stand the chap - solo I mean - but since I've never, ever seen an Lp version of ATD and, as usual, being an easy to fool audiophile, fell for the blurb, I had to have it! Had a quick listen to his trademark rant (and the annoying female backing vocals) and, even though it did sound ok, I just wasn't in the mood for the long haul.......until this unbelievable sound effect nearly destroyed the four walls of my listening room! Then......total silence. I feared the worst. Blown drivers? Thankfully the music started again and everything was fine. I can't remember the track but I will later on!

Also I have to say I'm not gone on the redesigned cover; Bring back the monkey!

I am a Gilmour man myself!!
Good on ye Fergus :)
tweber

Post by tweber »

After a bit of a wait...Image

cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote:After a bit of a wait...Image

I was sure it was going to be the Zeppelin stuff :)

Just seeing it now. A six Lp box set of Ryan Adams live performances Have never checked him out. I will now!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I picked up a 10 song version (one LP) of the Ryan Adams album this morning. I was looking for the Jason Isbell on vinyl but Freebird had just sold their last copy... might wait a few weeks.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote:

Just seeing it now. A six Lp box set of Ryan Adams live performances Have never checked him out. I will now!
Don't worry Dermot, I've contributed to the Jimmy pension fund too. The lads will be ok for a while longer:-) Just not brave enough to arrive home with all 3 reissues just yet.
Ryan LP great (imo), solo acoustic, plays all the good stuff (new & old) and the sound quality is good too. The 10 song LP is worth it too. €22 from my local shop. The box set is a bit more though! Heartbreaker on vinyl again too, worth a look definitely (though I am biased)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tweber wrote:Heartbreaker on vinyl again too, worth a look definitely (though I am biased)

It would be grabbed with both hands! It wasn't available on any format for a long time.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tweber

Post by tweber »

Fr. John Misty LP & cd:

tweber

Post by tweber »

Ivor wrote:
tweber wrote:Heartbreaker on vinyl again too, worth a look definitely (though I am biased)

It would be grabbed with both hands! It wasn't available on any format for a long time.
One of the few cds I have that's been pretty much worn out. Got it when released and only got it on vinyl last month.
He played in Cork recently but due to "technical hitches", ended up playing mostly solo similar to the Carnegie Hall stuff(easy night for the rest of the band) which was completely different to the rest of the tour- great gig.
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote:
cybot wrote:

Don't worry Dermot, I've contributed to the Jimmy pension fund too. The lads will be ok for a while longer:-) Just not brave enough to arrive home with all 3 reissues just yet.
Ryan LP great (imo), solo acoustic, plays all the good stuff (new & old) and the sound quality is good too. The 10 song LP is worth it too. €22 from my local shop. The box set is a bit more though! Heartbreaker on vinyl again too, worth a look definitely (though I am biased)
Ha ha :) Though reading some of the reviews seem to suggest that the bottom of the barrel is getting a real good scrape :(

I do have all the deluxe issues to date bar the last three and the sq is really the best I've heard since their first release......so maybe I'll make do with the standard release of Presence and just ignore the rest? Hard to believe but I've just remembered that around the time of In Through the Outdoor I was actually watching them in Knebeworth......about half a mile away! That'll give you an idea of the size of the crowd :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Both vinyl doubles arrived this morning from Norman and Cherry Red Records respectively. Thanks to Markof (Fergus too!) for the inspiration to pull the trigger on the OST :) The Bevis album is part of Cherry Red's mammoth reissue programme with plenty of bonus cuts to keep me interested as I already have all the originals :)