LP Cleaning

Zeky

Re: LP Cleaning

Post by Zeky »

I'll just add that I use 3 parts distilled water to 1 part alcohol (90% alcohol available in chemist for cleaning wounds) but that I add a smidgen of household detergent (Fairy) to help remove grease and give it that squeaky-clean finish.
How much is a "smidgen"?............a little more than Drop and a little less than a Pour. Around about a Dollop!
Works good for me and I use an SRM-tech cleaning machine.
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote: Looking forward to reading your report Fergus. I would imagine that the L'Art du Son liquid would more suited to cleaning Classical records because of the wider dynamic range plus the little delicate details buried deep in the grooves. I could be wrong....

Apologies for not getting back with my report on this yet. I have bought the product but I have not used it yet. The product when mixed will tend to seperate and biodegrade over time if it is stored in a clear bottle so I am currently waiting on a suitably sized brown glass bottle in my kitchen to be emptied prior to me thoroughly cleaning and using it for this purpose.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

I have spoken with two members about this recently and it has just reminded me to come back with my results after using L'Art du Son. I have read quite a number of online articles regarding this product which have accredited all sorts of wonderful results from this product; you know the usual internet rubbish - it results in great mids and tightens up bass on your vinyl etc. etc. Those who know me know that I am not given to hype. So what I will say is that I did find this to be a good product. I found that it did give a "better" clean than the isopropyl mix - a "deeper" clean is the way that I have described it to someone. When my current batch runs out will I buy more? I certainly will. Would I recommend it? Most definitely!

There you have it.
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:I have spoken with two members about this recently and it has just reminded me to come back with my results after using L'Art du Son. I have read quite a number of online articles regarding this product which have accredited all sorts of wonderful results from this product; you know the usual internet rubbish - it results in great mids and tightens up bass on your vinyl etc. etc. Those who know me know that I am not given to hype. So what I will say is that I did find this to be a good product. I found that it did give a "better" clean than the isopropyl mix - a "deeper" clean is the way that I have described it to someone. When my current batch runs out will I buy more? I certainly will. Would I recommend it? Most definitely!

There you have it.
Delighted to hear that you're hype free, sorry happy, Fergus! Enjoy :)
fergus

Post by fergus »

I am a big fan of the "Plain English" brigade Dermot! Far too much hyperbole, technospeak and pseudo-management / political talk around. I am obviously getting old!!
Zeky

Post by Zeky »

I'm scratching my beard....grey....on my way to Gandalf....not overly fond of educating younger folk.....but now is necessary!

Alcohol is only ever employed on Vinyl because it evaporates quickly; thus leaving your vinyl dry!

Distilled water is most important! No calcium or any other greasy entrails from worms etc. that might filter through your water supply.

Use whatever soft brush you need to continuously dig out the grime in the record groove, but don´t blame the 90% alcohol / 10% distilled water solution.

There are people out there that will tell you that their product are the only ones to have!

I will tell you.....Isopropyl Alcohol.....is the industries way of telling you that you need 90% distilled water (ironing water), plus 10% alcohol, (to make the water evaporate), plus you must have some sort of detergent to make sure you de-grease your vinyl.

The merchant companies will fleece you every time.

Plain Englsh/Irish brigade......

Faig