Import duties and avoiding them?

Fran
Site Admin

Re: Import duties and avoiding them?

Post by Fran »

yeah, I think they will follow it up alright.

You will ALWAYS pay if you use a courier like fedex, ups, dhl etc.

Only chance is if you use USPS on the american side and delivery by an post here.
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:yeah, I think they will follow it up alright.

You will ALWAYS pay if you use a courier like fedex, ups, dhl etc.

Only chance is if you use USPS on the american side and delivery by an post here.
Well the seller is happy to send the goodies by whatever means I like - in fact they're really accommodating that way. I'm quite happy to wait an extra few days (if that's the difference) rather than pay additional taxes.

thanks again all.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Quick update.... this wonderful website http://store.acousticsounds.com/ are quite happy to ship USPS but you might have to let them know... I'm not sure if the choice is the buyers initially.
It's a great website and the easiest to get around of any similar websites. Some very serious vinyl - much of it produced by Acoustic Sounds themselves - plus shippable goods like cartridges, cables etc. Worth a browse....

Should you make an order and you get an email form Carley asking you to pay for your first order by paypal, money order or transfer just tell her I sent you because we've already had that discussion!

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Derek

Post by Derek »

I fully agree, I picked up some really nice vinyl and had the email discussion, but once I said Ivor sent me, all was sorted.
I felt a wee bit stung on the FedEx charge (€36) and I'm still waiting on a Tax bill, but the quality of the products and the fact that there is a person at the other end you can converse with, makes for an easier transaction.

One piece of music in-particular has leaped to the top of my music & sound quality list, a stunning 45rpm, 12", from Stax legends
"The Staple Singers" It's a twelve inch single Side A: I'll Take You there Side B: Respect Yourself.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/12428 ... nyl_Record

A truly amazing piece of vinyl. So far everyone I've played it to brakes into a huge grin. Stunning!
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Derek wrote:One piece of music in-particular has leaped to the top of my music & sound quality list, a stunning 45rpm, 12", from Stax legends
"The Staple Singers" It's a twelve inch single Side A: I'll Take You there Side B: Respect Yourself.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/12428 ... nyl_Record

A truly amazing piece of vinyl. So far everyone I've played it to brakes into a huge grin. Stunning!
"Respect Yourself" has to be one my favourite singles/songs ever. I'll grab it on my next order.