How to record TV programs from Saorview

Rocker

How to record TV programs from Saorview

Post by Rocker »

We have ditched SKY so our TV installation is now:

Samsung LED TV (with Saorview built in), Humax FreeSAT, Yamaha soundbar & Sony DVD player. The TV sound, also from the Humax & DVD player, are routed through the soundbar. And it works well.

I can record FreeSAT programs and series links on the Humax box. What I hope to achieve is to record any interesting programs from Saorview. In other words from the TV itself. The TV manual is basic to say the least, and nothing jumps out to suggest this recording is possible or, if so, how to do it. The TV has a USB input which can show photographs or play music. Standard on modern TVs.

Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
Diapason

Re: How to record TV programs from Saorview

Post by Diapason »

Dunno for definite, but it doesn't sound like it's possible on your current setup. Some TVs include the option, some don't, but if not you might be better off buying a cheap standalone Saorview box for 40 or 50 quid? Apart from doing the job, it would allow you to record something while watching something else, which the TV solution almost certainly wouldn't allow.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Sonus Faber Signum
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2