Serbian Amps ahoy!

Frankie Lee

Serbian Amps ahoy!

Post by Frankie Lee »

I'm looking for a low cost amp to put into a cabinet In the sitting room. I'd like something that runs cool and will power two sets of speakers independantly or simultaneously. The Onkyo A-5VL seems to be a good option. It's a "digital" amp that means it runs very cool. I've no experience of these kind of amps so I was wondering if anyone had any exprience of them, or if anyone had some other recommendations?

EDIT: Changed thread title.
Last edited by Frankie Lee on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our new iPad app: http://www.lowdownmtb.com
paulb

Re: Digital amps - any good?

Post by paulb »

before you go for the onkyo you should have a look at any of the digital amps on ebay....dont look at the small watts they really are better than you would expect...get one with a tripath cip 2024 really musical...never heard one with 2020 cip but should be more powerfull.you can get them on ebay starting at 30 e....spend a little more to get proper binding posts,rca imput...
Frankie Lee

Post by Frankie Lee »

Is this the kind of thing you mean?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Class-T-Amp-Integrat ... 8765521676

Looks amazing value. What about the Pro-ject box series? They look like they'll fit the bill, but I'm not sure where to get them. The other thing I like the look of is the Firestone Audio stuff. Their MASS preamp coupled with the BigJoeIV monoblocks look the job. Anyone got experience of these?

Ideally I'd like something that has a remote.
Frankie Lee

Post by Frankie Lee »

OK I think I'm going to be reckless and go for one of these:

http://www.dayens.rs/eng_ampino.html

Gets great feedback. Total cost for the upgraded model is €355 but I'm optimistic it'll be money well spent. Anyone heard one of these?
DancingPriest

Re: Serbian Amps ahoy!

Post by DancingPriest »

2 Watts, What sort of speakers are you going to be driving?
A fullrange horn?
paulb

Post by paulb »

hi, i have actually looked at the same amps from serbia send me your e-mail and i'll send you the e-mail i got from the owner of dayens.in case you decide to go for it let me know i'm also interested
Dear Mr. Bobotan,

Thank you for your e-mail and for showing interest in our products.

All our products have the similar basic sonic characteristics.
They sound musical, natural and emotional, with good dynamics and depth, great positioning and natural third dimension.
All mentioned characteristics are increasing proportional to the price, off course, Ecstasy IVse combo gives the most..

Our amplifiers are realized in discrete technique using only bipolar transistors.
For power source we use high quality toroidal transformers.
We choose only quality components (MKP capacitors, metal-film resistors, quality electrolytic capacitors, original Japanese transistors etc).

All three integrated amplifiers we are producing are very popular in our country.
On the world market, Ampino is the most popular and well known thanks to the 6moons review.
There is one thing we have noticed about Ampino.
We do not know if it is because of the small dimensions, simple design, great sound, but people simply fall in love with Ampino :-)

Menuetto is our first small amplifier (now it looks big compared to Ampino), designed and introduced on our market in 2005.
Menuetto has more inputs, more power and better presentation (more "muscular" and at the same time more relaxed) than Ampino.

Ecstasy II is our classic. It is the first integrated amplifier which we have designed and manufactured.
We are producing integrated amplifiers under the name Ecstasy II since 90's.
Almost the same time when we finished design of Ampino we have launched new, redesigned Ecstasy II.
It is using same faceplate and case as previous model but with improved circuit, better parts and, of course, better sound.
Among these three integrated amplifiers Ecstasy II is the best.

Attached you can find our price lists with basic specifications of our products.
Wire transfer is only available payment method in this moment.

Best shipping option we have found (for individual and small orders - one or two units of Ampino/Menuetto/EII) is combination of regular (air)mail and services from shipping agent.
Our shipping agent is handling clearance and taxes (on our side) and they are delivering our products to Serbian mail (post) service from where they are sent to customer address.
Price for shipping one Ampino to Ireland is 75€, for Menuetto 90€, and for Ecstasy II it is 100€.

Besides amplifiers we are specialized in manufacturing loudspeakers.
We use high-quality components from well-renown manufacturers (Vifa, Peerless, ScanSpeak, WBT, Mundorf etc.) in design and manufacture of our loudspeakers. The same is for cables and amplifiers.
Unique cabinet design, technology and sound of our flagship Grande series (bookshelf Grande Piccolo and floorstander Grande Trio) makes us very proud.
We are also producing interconnect and speaker cables called In ViVo.
All of our products are handmade in Serbia.

We will be glad to give you any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Zoran Dobrin

www.dayens.rs
zoran.dobrin@dayens.rs
tel: +381 15 345 369
tel/fax: +381 15 345 528
address: Centar 1
15000 Sabac, Serbia
paulb

Post by paulb »

also got an atachament with the price list alpino 220/280e normal/improved
menuat 400 and extasy 550
Frankie Lee

Post by Frankie Lee »

I didn't get that email. I did get one that outlined the cost of the upgraded Ampino (€280 + €75 shipping). I also got an invoice and their bank details so I could transfer money to them.

However it's all a dream now. Got my car serviced on Tuesday and it cost me €950!!

I just ordered a T-amp for €28 of ebay instead :(

I will be really keen on getting the Ampino in a couple of months though.
Matt

Post by Matt »

What car are you driving if you don't mind me asking? That was an expensive service!
Arcam Cd33, Vdh The Integration, ATC CA2, Gotham GAC-2v1 XLR, ATC scm50asl
Frankie Lee

Post by Frankie Lee »

A very exclusive Renault Megane Scenic.

A bit of a shock to tell the truth. Does include four new tyres though. I had a friend of mine who's a mechanic look through the invoice. He said it all seemed reasonable. Just needed loads done I guess. To be fair, it's been a long time since I had it serviced. I wouldn't mind but it still needs one of the strut bearings replaced.