Pre-launch of new range of Ciúnas Dacs & USB transports

jkeny

Pre-launch of new range of Ciúnas Dacs & USB transports

Post by jkeny »

Finally, I'm ready to get some new product out the door. I'm still waiting on new switches but I decided to go with the old switches & swap them later.

I wanted to pre-launch my new devices on this forum - basically to put them out in the field with those who already have a JKDAC32 for a week or so in order to get some feedback & comparisons with their existing JKDAC32 i.e some impressions that I can post on my website about the new devices.

So anyone who has one of the JKDAC32 or JKSPDIF MK3 & is interested in a trial of the Ciunas DAC or USB converter, please post here & we will make arrangements.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Re: Pre-launch of new range of Ciúnas Dacs & USB transports

Post by tony »

Aw sure since you are calling tomorrow night go on go on go on I will try one. looking forward to it and very much hope you have the same or greater success with this as you have had with the jkdac32.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote:Aw sure since you are calling tomorrow night go on go on go on I will try one. looking forward to it and very much hope you have the same or greater success with this as you have had with the jkdac32.
Yep, I have one put aside for you for tomorrow, Tony :) Thanks for the well wishes. Look forward to our session tomorrow.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Great stuff, John. I'd very much like to try out the Dac, please put me down for a trial.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

How does the Ciunas DACs differ from the JKDAC John? Do you expect them to be better or a different type of sound?
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ken Moreland wrote:Great stuff, John. I'd very much like to try out the Dac, please put me down for a trial.
KM
You're in Ken, I'll leave one with Tony today. Can you evaluate it in a week or so & post your impressions here, please?
www.Ciunas.biz
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

DaveF wrote:How does the Ciunas DACs differ from the JKDAC John? Do you expect them to be better or a different type of sound?
It is a different USB receiver board based on an ARM CPU & Xilinix CPLD. As a result it is UAC2 compliant, meaning it will work with any OS that supports USB2 natively. This opens the door to it working natively (without proprietary driver downloads) with Linux/Unix, Mac, iPad, etc.

It is based on the same DAC chip as the JKDAC32 but is also reclocked right at the DAC chip. This means that all I2S signals get re-timed just before they enter the DAC chip. As a result the sound is more precise & more detailed, without any harshness of course. This is noticeable in the sonic tail of sounds (that have sonic tails) such as piano notes being more naturally tailed off - a more realistic sound, I guess you could say
www.Ciunas.biz
markof

Post by markof »

That's great news.

Put me down for a trial too.
Can compare on Mac setup with new versions of Amarra and Audirvana - new Integer 1 and Integer 2 modes.

Mark.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

markof wrote:That's great news.

Put me down for a trial too.
Can compare on Mac setup with new versions of Amarra and Audirvana - new Integer 1 and Integer 2 modes.

Mark.
Yep, works with Amarra integer modes. Contact me, Mark to make arrangements.
www.Ciunas.biz
Claus

Post by Claus »

Great news John!
I have the JKDAC and would like to try this one out if you need the feedback and direct comparison . I am running Macbook Pro with Audirvana Plus.
Claus