Lampizator Big7

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
Maciej

Re: Lampizator Big7

Post by Maciej »

tony wrote:Crestfallen the minute I heard it. Also as an upgrade option for me at some point in the future is just not on as the Big L7 is a completely different beast. Very large deep case and no doubt a destination Dac.
Many happy years with it Pearse. Hope Lukasz takes on board your routing ideas on the wiring.
It makes you wonder about all manufacturers on how they could improve their product by more careful attention to grounding and isolation. Have to start buying lotto tickets again.
So it’s not only big in sound? ....sorry always reading only half of the story Tony before I am distracted by something else. I hope I can bring it up at least to your level?
Pearse is busy  right now.
tony

Post by tony »

Maciej wrote: So it’s not only big in sound? ....sorry always reading only half of the story Tony before I am distracted by something else. I hope I can bring it up at least to your level?
Huge case, Huge sound it has all the richness of our models but just lots more of it. All the detail of a Meitner but immersed in this incredible soundstage. Some might thing this is a bit mad but it looks like an understated work of art. The Perspex lid allows a glimpse of the internals and the valves on show ala traditional valve amp just looks the biz.

BTW Maciej make sure you get DSD on your upgrade don't end up having regrets
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Maciej

Post by Maciej »

tony wrote:
Maciej wrote: So it’s not only big in sound? ....sorry always reading only half of the story Tony before I am distracted by something else. I hope I can bring it up at least to your level?
Huge case, Huge sound it has all the richness of our models but just lots more of it. All the detail of a Meitner but immersed in this incredible soundstage. Some might thing this is a bit mad but it looks like an understated work of art. The Perspex lid allows a glimpse of the internals and the valves on show ala traditional valve amp just looks the biz.

BTW Maciej make sure you get DSD on your upgrade don't end up having regrets
So you’ve seen it and heard it already?

Before any word with Lukasz I am going to consult the choice with you for sure as the Pearse option is for sure in not in my range (space wise).

We still did not compare our versions. My one is different all together beast(ie). It’s based on mini submarine valves that long time ago was considered OK. This very uncertain time on the border line this sort of valves might find use somewhere else soon if the big politics heads will not find agreement ;)

I just wonder how much better the sound can be? I’ve heard Pease Meitner in Sebna system and I thought it can not be better than that, then with Pearse tweaked QUAD’s it was best I’ve ever heard....then how good is this now?
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Great stuff, Pearse. I find hard to imagine anything much better than the Meitner, so must be very good indeed. Enjoy!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Sonus Faber Signum
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Some PS stuff first off

Last edited by Sligolad on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Sligolad »

More PS Stuff

Last edited by Sligolad on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Sligolad »

USB to DSD

The 7 lines above off the USB card that needed some coaxing!!!

Last edited by Sligolad on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Sligolad »

All the clever Fikus Stuff

Last edited by Sligolad on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Sligolad »

Last few

Last edited by Sligolad on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Ken Moreland »

Impressive, Pearse. Tony won't sleep tonight. Enjoy.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers