Neu Box Set

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
djadams

Neu Box Set

Post by djadams »

Thought this might be of some interest to some....

Michael Rother and the late Klaus Dinger formed the Düsseldorf duo Neu! in 1971, after both musicians left Kraftwerk. Over the next few years, they perfected a minimal, hypnotic pulse-groove that went on to have a seismic effect on krautrock and all the stuff that would be influenced by krautrock-- which is to say, a lot of stuff. (Take a look at the tracklist for this tribute album, for example.)

On May 10, Gronland will release a limited edition Neu! vinyl box set, offering a retrospective of the band's influential catalogue. This would be a pretty awesome thing to have in your possession.

The box includes all three of the duo's studio albums-- Neu!, Neu! 2, and Neu! '75-- as well as the previously unreleased LP Neu! '86, originally recorded in 1985 and 1986 and recently reworked by Rother, augmented by Rother and Dinger's most recent studio recordings. You'll also get Neu! '72, a previously unreleased 18-minute live maxi-single. There will also be a download code, so you'll get to listen to all this stuff on your morning commute.

A 36-page book includes Neu! photos from Anton Corbijn and Peter Lindbergh. And rounding out the package: A Neu! T-shirt and a stencil of the Neu! logo.

http://pitchfork.com/news/

Great to see the forum up againg in its new guise..

Dave
cybot

Re: Neu Box Set

Post by cybot »

Thanks for the info Dave.Sounds like it's going to be some set alright! I have two Neu Lps plus Rother's Harmonia stuff plus Eno etc etc. Needless to say I'm a massive Krautrock fan!! but I'm sure you know that anyway!!