Croft...

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
cybot

Croft...

Post by cybot »

DaveF

Re: Croft...

Post by DaveF »

I certainly admire the purist simplistic design of the Croft gear. Quite often in amp design, the cleanest less 'cluttered' type of approach often works best. It can be done other ways of course but takes more effort and care to achieve the goal. I'm no expert in amp design but I wonder what Fran's thoughts on the Croft approach is?
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:I certainly admire the purist simplistic design of the Croft gear. Quite often in amp design, the cleanest less 'cluttered' type of approach often works best. It can be done other ways of course but takes more effort and care to achieve the goal. I'm no expert in amp design but I wonder what Fran's thoughts on the Croft approach is?
A very interesting question indeed Dave :) I'll leave it to Fran (and others) to add his/their tuppenny worth...
cybot

Post by cybot »

Still waiting ;-(
PeterK

Post by PeterK »

Hi Cybot, Peter K back here. I still have my Croft integrated Syntegra. I was tempted last year to move on and put it up against another tube amp. I have to say the Croft really held its own.
PeterK

Post by PeterK »

I put the croft up against the 2 Leben Amps. They were nice sounding but not a good fit in my system. I preferred the more powerful of the two, better match with the Quads.