Squeezebox woes

Fran
Site Admin

Squeezebox woes

Post by Fran »

I'm after changing my PC here at home to a newer fancy one with quad this and ram that etc etc. However setting back up slimserver and the squeezebox has had me tearing my hair out (and I cannot afford to be doing that!).

First of all, I had a bugger of a time trying to get slimserver installed - I ended up having to download a beta version and managed to get her up and running. Then it couldn't find either of the 2 squeezeboxes I had. I had installed a new router/hub downstairs (my SBs are wired) so started to blame that. But I knew that was working ok because the wireless bit of it was working fine at good speeds. I could ping the router and get into its software. So in the end it dawned on me to try swapping the cable from router to squeezebox and voila! up she came right away. Bloody cable. I easily lost a few hours on that one.

Its all working beautifully now, with both squeezeboxes working AOK etc. Very simple to switch between them with just the controller. I'm happy in other words!

What a colossal PITA to get going though.

John, I'm watching your duet mods with interest. The only thing is that I like to be able to change DACs now and again and the SPDIF makes life very easy there.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try