MasterChef Ireland Tonight at 9.30pm

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
fergus

Re: MasterChef Ireland Tonight at 9.30pm

Post by fergus »

I rarely watch TV but I tuned in last night to support you Andy. Well done....that was a tough gig switching with your neighbour in that way! You did very well I thought!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Thanks everyone for your support and good wishes. It was indeed a tricky one to start the Masterchef campaign on, but I felt really confortable with it, I had a box full of fish and shellfish so I thought I couldn't go wrong and I suppose they sensed this as when they came up to me during the 55 minutes (which of course they didn't show) to interview me I said I was really confident that I had a good dish and I wasn't under any pressure, that doesn't make good TV.

What you don't know is that that was only a snippet of what was said by the judges about my dish, they obviously edited out the good comments which were made. In addition, by the time the dishes were tasted by the judges they had been standing around for nearly an hour so the likes of my dish started to solidify with the fresh pasta I made soaking up the bisque, hence the comment regarding sick, which I suppose is going to follow me around all week until the next challenge!

I thought a couple of the girls were unlucky to go last night, I hadn't seen their dishes or the judges comments on the day of the challenge so it came as a surprise to me as the dishes were good and didn't receive any bad comments.

Anyway, I must listen to RTE2FM now and see what my new friends Dani and Dee have to say about their Masterchef experience. It could be interesting as Dani doesn't mince her words and I know she won't hold back!
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

That's interesting, Andy. I always wondered how they could possibly hope to taste all this food when it's hot and at its best, but now I have my answer: they don't!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I watched it while eating my M&S dinner (oven not microwave - I'm not an animal!). I had gone to the kitchen when they did the switch around and was a bit confused when I returned to see everyone cooking something other than their chosen dish. It took a minute for the penny to drop! Of course giving a box of seafood to man who lives in Dalkey makes for a good 2nd choice!

Yes of course it's a TV programme first and a cookery programme second. People forget that when they get drawn into "reality" TV. As I said in a previous post I think the BBC are far more guilty of manipulating contestants than RTE. I have to say I like Nick and Dylan, they seem honest and passionate about cooking.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Well done Andy. Didn't get to see it last night but will tune in next time. Fair play to you I think you have just been elected tirnahifi chef for the next meet.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
mick

Post by mick »

Well done Andy. I watched it just now on RTE 2. Can't understand how they can judge the quality of any food that has been standing there going cold for an hour.
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Don't forget, I am still in this competition, down to the last 10 now and cooking in a professional kitchen tonight for paying diners, lot's of drama, tears, swearing (if they keep it in) and a very pissed off Andy at some stage in the show.

Will I retain my apron?

One way to find out!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I just caught up on MC yesterday via RTE website as I was doing a wine tasting last week. Well done lad.
I should be home in time tonight to book the TV!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I'll have the Sky Plus going, but I don't think I'll get to see it tonight. Better remember not to read this thread until I've caught up.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Seán

Post by Seán »

Andy S wrote:Don't forget, I am still in this competition, down to the last 10 now and cooking in a professional kitchen tonight for paying diners, lot's of drama, tears, swearing (if they keep it in) and a very pissed off Andy at some stage in the show.

Will I retain my apron?

One way to find out!
Feck! I don't watch TV so I missed this thread, how is it going Andy?
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler