Hotel California [The Eagles]

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Rocker

Hotel California [The Eagles]

Post by Rocker »

Since I play most of my music through a Squeezebox, I tend to utilise playlists or random selection. The random choice throws up some interesting or even unknown tracks. But a couple of evenings ago I picked out the CD Hotel California and played it from start to finish. This album is ripped to my computer but Squeezebox or the computer plays the tracks in a different order than on the CD. It was interesting to listen to a CD the way it used to be before the Squeezebox was invented! The music is pretty good too. Flushed with this success, I then played Eagles Live [The Eagles] which was a bit of a downer after Hotel California. I never liked Eagles Live and this listening did not alter that view.

All in all I prefer using the Squeezebox to play my music. It, to my ears, sounds much the same as from the CD but the user interface is way better.

What way do you listen to music, CD from start to finish, CD selected tracks etc. etc.
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
Sloop John B

Re: Hotel California [The Eagles]

Post by Sloop John B »

I'm very much still a CD strat to finish man. Although some CDs are so long nowadays I split listening to a side A and B, so might decide to start listening to Revolver at Good day sunshine. ( although that's not a good example of a long CD!)

I have a streamer as a second system and sometimes throw a random selection at it but generally prefer playlists when I'm streaming.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I tend to be very much a start to finish man..... unless there is some reason eg demoing something new. In that case I'm one song then another from another CD.
Do or do not, there is no try
JAW

Post by JAW »

I'm a bit of a grazer. A few tracks of this, over to that, onto another and so on. When I'm playing music what I'm listening to generally suggests what I listen to next.
If it's something new I play it in the car the whole way through a couple of times before settling on what I will play more regularly. Maybe it's my attention span, but vinyl at about 20 minutes a side suits me perfectly.
markof

Post by markof »

Cd and Vinyl - play the whole way through.
Computer - mix of whole album, playlist, tracks inspired by whatever is playing or "genius playlists". Really depends on the particular album and my mood.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X