quad ESL 63's on the buy and sell

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
barry robin

quad ESL 63's on the buy and sell

Post by barry robin »

just thought i'd throw this out there for those so inclined. as i'm no longer living in the dublin area-to say the least-i'm out of the running to get them...

oh, did i mention they only want 400 quid?

http://www.buyandsell.ie/search/for-sal ... akers-pair

-b
Ivor

Re: quad ESL 63's on the buy and sell

Post by Ivor »

There's a pair in Cloneys as well, €595 I think. One owner from new.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
barry robin

Post by barry robin »

two sets at the same time...for a normal price? is there something we don't know? do they implode if played with valve gear or make one want to listen to barry manilow records?

i smell a conspiracy! that, or fried panels...

-b
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Could you stack 63s? I remember seeing a photo of some guys setup where he had 63s (or maybe 989s) suspended in mid air. Lots of them.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
barry robin

Post by barry robin »

as far as i know, you can't stack then ala' the 57's because they're a point source instead of a line souce.

ivor, now what are you thinking....? are you getting some crazy idea of buying both sets and marrying them somehow? or rather, throwing them at fran and letting him figure out how to do it?

-b
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Well I currently use 989s.... so maybe surround sound? (no I'm not serious!)

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

That's a killer deal..... just as well I'm away or I'd be very tempted.

Could be the same seller in both cloney and buy and sell

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:Could be the same seller in both cloney and buy and sell

Fran
That occurred to me alright. But in fairness to Cloney they don't tend to put such a margin (if any) on stuff they sell on behalf of customers. The pair in the shop are brown, I saw them there on Thursday.

Frankie Lee

Post by Frankie Lee »

I'm so f'in tempted. Should I warn the wife or just turn up with them?
Check out our new iPad app: http://www.lowdownmtb.com
Frankie Lee

Post by Frankie Lee »

Well that was a short lived dream. The idea was completely shot down.
Check out our new iPad app: http://www.lowdownmtb.com