Interest Check: Clearaudio Performance SE Turntable

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
DaveF

Re: Interest Check: Clearaudio Performance SE Turntable

Post by DaveF »

bod wrote:Ha! Bear in mind the Gyro (like the LP12 etc.) benefit with the use of lighter arms in allowing the suspension to work properly. Michell would be best to advise in this regard I suppose. Happy hunting!
I think Michell does their version of a Rega arm that often gets sold as a package with the TT.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
bod

Post by bod »

Yep. The TechnoArm - drilled to lower the mass and add stiffness. The TechnoWeight is a real nice piece of work too. Dunno if they are using the new Rega arms for it now though. I would get a Grace 707 and have Daruis work his magic on it. I just love the 707 on the LP12. Seems to minimise one of the LP12`s main shortcomings, i.e. crap bass. I imagine it would be sweet on the Gyro too.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

bod wrote:Yep. The TechnoArm - drilled to lower the mass and add stiffness.
That's the one I have and really it deserves a better TT than my old (but trusty) Roksan. It's a lovely simple design that just works.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
bod

Post by bod »

The Roksan is better than the LP12 though :-)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I wouldn't be a big fan of the LP12 anyway... purely subjective of course. I've heard fantastic ones but I wouldn't want one.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
woody

Post by woody »

If your ever down midlands you are welcome to pop over for listen to my gyro/technoarm..id agree that its probably a sideways move..the reviewers generally get this one spot on I think...excellent height and width, not great for sense of depth though..bought it solely for the looks..
HIFIJoe

Post by HIFIJoe »

Hi i have the Gyro SE,with Techno arm rewired with Cardas incognito pure silver cable huge improvement over the standard cable
i've also replace the supplied platter with the Orbe platter huge upgrade well worth the money,plus i've change the power supply to the HR power supply.One thing about the Gyro is that it has to be set up properly or it will sound flat.Fran and Derek have heard my set up,you can check with them,as to what it sounds like.You are more than welcome to have a listen yourself.Frank