Wanted Second hand integrated amplifier

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Eddie

Wanted Second hand integrated amplifier

Post by Eddie »

Just sending out feelers for a second hand amp, looking for a full sounding amplifier, maybe 70 to 100 w into 8 ohm. Would be using it with B&W 685 speakers and Sony DVD player. Have come from a system that included a Cyrus 8vs2 amp and Cyrus 6cds player, it was very good but felt that it could get fatiguing at times. Looking for a musical amp with full sound and good bass. Would be grateful for any leads/directions. Any Luxmans out there? They seem to have these qualities.

Thanks

Eddie
Gerry D

Re: Wanted Second hand integrated amplifier

Post by Gerry D »

I wonder what your budget is ?

Claus has a gorgeous MF amp on here. That's at a great price.

There's also a Copland CSA 14 on adverts.ie. Lovely amp. 70 watts quoted. But I believe they're looking for too much for it. €500 would be reasonable if it's near mint. I had one. Enjoyed it a lot.
They came out mid '90's and were soon replaced by the CSA 28.

Cloney Audio have a CSA 8 on their site.

I'm "minding" a Densen D10 for a friend at the moment. Super amp. He'd accept €1,000 for it.

Happy hunting.
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
tony

Post by tony »

[url]http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.ph ... ed-amp[url]

Guy lives in Dundalk his price is down to £625. Maybe he will take that in Euro?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Thanks guys, two nordic proposals ! Have seen the Copland on Adverts, understand it is a tube hybrid with valves for the preamp. Dont these need replacing every 5 to 6 years and a re-bias to boot. How would you describe the sound of the copland ?
The Densen may be too much hi-fi for me, at second hand for a mid 90's, it would need to be closer to €500 like the Copland, looks as if its for the purist! Again how would you describe the Densen Sound.
Listen to all types of music, but classic rock seems to prevail ! Not into classical/jazz, but just a good all rounder.

Thanks

Eddie
woody

Post by woody »

eddie,if I was looking for a good cheap amp at mo,this would be a no brainer for me..theres an affordable valve company amp on adverts at mo,and it looks like he will take 220 euros for it..looks like bargain of century to me. iowned one of these about 10 years ago and have to say,it was top notch..if you want to go the boring route I have a uk audiolab that id be looking for similar money for..wont match the avc though.
Linndac

Post by Linndac »

Eddie
Sent you a PM but but still in my outbox.

Regards
B
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Linndac wrote:Eddie
Sent you a PM but but still in my outbox.

Regards
B
That means its unread.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable