Market Research

jkeny

Re: Market Research

Post by jkeny »

Thanks Ken,
I was also thinking along the lines of the T&A design myself - reminds me of the Intel NUC computer.

Thanks PeterK,
Any suggestion for a good classy font to use?

Thanks Modest,
I'm also thinking of separating the batteries out of the enclosure so will need a matching enclosure for batteries
Yes I came across something like this too from Peachtree - although it's an amp:

Thanks guys, love all the help you are giving - much appreciated
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Modest

Post by Modest »

another one ,Nida active crossover case
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Thanks guys, keep them coming - if you see any good-looking or interesting enclosures please post them here.
I found this site which gives a good pictorial list of DACs over the last 6 years or so http://www.audiostream.com/category/dac-reviews
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

theres much to be said about simplicity

sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote:theres much to be said about simplicity

The simpler - the better!

As for the separate case for the battery, you can always use a bit bigger case and have two divided chambers inside.
I would prefer better that way instead of having some extra connections with two boxes.
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Yep, Apple design strikes again & the Intel NUC is just a copy of this winning formula :)

The reason for the two boxes is twofold - to ease any replacement of batteries by the user - to allow using this to possibly power other devices.

It shouldn't have any SQ issues if connectors & wiring are suitably chosen - I haven't heard any SQ penalties from this battery configuration.
www.Ciunas.biz
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:Yep, Apple design strikes again & the Intel NUC is just a copy of this winning formula :)
not sure about the nuc though
its probably the plastic it would be a small minus on the apple tv
plastic more times than not looks cheap
The reason for the two boxes is twofold - to ease any replacement of batteries by the user - to allow using this to possibly power other devices.
well a case could come in two pieces, power unit and device, either mounted stacked or side by side,
in such a way that it looks seamless
dunno how feasible a power unit is for other devices
the existing ciunas is 3.3v nearly all other devices is 5v and some is 12v which arent multiples of 3.3v
which would have to use regulators and loose a large proportion of the sq benefit
or theres my isolation trickery that charges each cell individually to set voltage and allows these cells to be put in series
It shouldn't have any SQ issues if connectors & wiring are suitably chosen - I haven't heard any SQ penalties from this battery configuration.
wouldnt think it would be a problem
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Modest

Post by Modest »

Just came across this Verbatim hard drive case, lovely lines and shape :)
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Modest wrote:Just came across this Verbatim hard drive case, lovely lines and shape :)
oh that could be lovely in aluminium
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Good points, Nige, although I think plastic (when new) can look classy. Too much brain-washing by Apple about brushed aluminium

That's a lovely box, Modest - got a link to it, I can't find it on-line
www.Ciunas.biz