Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote:
Diapason wrote:Syro arrived yesterday after all, and I even managed to listen to it in its entirety. Simply put, I think it's brilliant. If anything, it's far more accessible than I was expecting (drukqs it ain't!) and while it's chock full of invention and ideas, it's a very enjoyable listen.
Glad you're enjoying it! You're right, you can analyse it to death, but at the end of the day, it's just such a fantastically enjoyable listen :)

I picked up a copy on CD this morning - the vinyl was just too expensive as I buying other stuff too. I only heard a bit in the crapoy jeep stereo so far but lovin' it!

:))))
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Currently Enjoying

Rather catchy I must say.... German band from Dusseldorf,, kind of a cross between Kraftwerk and more modern electronica with lyrics. Quite good I must say!!
Let the Good Times Roll...................
fergus

Post by fergus »

I picked up a vinyl copy of Vangelis' China yesterday and subsequently gave it a listen last night....

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:I picked up a vinyl copy of Vangelis' China yesterday and subsequently gave it a listen last night....

So......what's the verdict Fergus?
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:
fergus wrote:I picked up a vinyl copy of Vangelis' China yesterday and subsequently gave it a listen last night....

Oh I already had it on CD Dermot and always liked it. I just wanted a copy on vinyl which simply improves the sonics!
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:

Oh I already had it on CD Dermot and always liked it. I just wanted a copy on vinyl which simply improves the sonics!
Oh yes I forgot.....Hard to believe that a 12" piece of vinyl with one ploughed groove on either side could outperform the best cd/ca has to offer! Wonders will never cease?
fergus

Post by fergus »

tony

Post by tony »

Dermot had discussed these ones before. Both on rotation very good really melodic tribal stuff. Must get some more.

GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Picked this up the other week... most ... most impressive... from Wikipedia...

A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Exploding in Your Mind: Volume 2 is a 2009 compilation album with selections by the Amorphous Androgynous; it was released on CD in September 2009. It is an extensive compilation mix album featuring a wide variety of artists, selected and mixed by the duo. Pagan Love Vibrations is the second in the series, following on from the successful first volume Cosmic Space Music and focusses on the band's psychedelic side, featuring everything from 60s pop to film scores and modern psychedelia.[1]

Noel Gallagher of the band Oasis spoke very highly of the first album and got into contact with Gaz Cobain after hearing this record and asked him if the Amorphous Androgynous would remix the Oasis single "Falling Down" which is also included on this album.

Selected and mixed by the duo of FSOL .... but the album is a mix of various other artists work. Very very impressive I must say, surprised I had not heard it before now!
Let the Good Times Roll...................
tony

Post by tony »

Probably posted this before can't remember. Very nice mellow piano and sounds from Monsieur Eno

GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.