Ripping SACD to DSD

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Diapason

Ripping SACD to DSD

Post by Diapason »

Anyone done this successfully? I was told once that it requires a particular model of PS3, is this still true?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Re: Ripping SACD to DSD

Post by DaveF »

SACD basically is a container for DSD. Its already on the disc but it aint easy to get it off due Sony's proprietary stuff put on the discs. But there are ways around it.
You need the 'launch model' of the PS3 when it was first released and a certain version of firmware that needs to be hacked. I actually have the launch model of the PS3 but I never hacked the firmware. I rarely use it so if you wanted to experiment......

I'm sure some people might have done it the PC route by now. The PS3 method has been around for a while.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

No PC route yet, it is still only done using the PS3.
Though I have heared that there are insiders, who keep the "how to" quiet and amongst themselves, that do it with a route via Linux.

The developer of the ripping software on the PS3 (mr Wicked) is developing a stand-alone ripping USB-device to which you just need to add a SACD-capable PS3 drive (which are still generally available).
Read here: http://sacd-ripper.blogspot.nl/
No guarantees on when it will be available as it is not easy to do apparently.

I do it with my PS3. A guide on how to do it can be found here:https://newtoolbox.files.wordpress.com/ ... r-v4-0.pdf

cheers
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Thank you. I don't have many to rip, so it shouldn't take too long. Might take you up on your offer, Dave. Thanks.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
james

Post by james »

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-s ... dex97.html

This is the computeraudiophile SACD thread. There is someone on it who will send you software if need be. Also you can convert SACD to WAV using foobar2000 and a plugin.

I have not tried any of this but maybe will sometime. I have less than 20 SACD's [all dual layer] so it's not a high priority.
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Hi Simon, we did have a discussion last friday night at Steve's about this but you may not have been there at the time.
I have the same PS3 and the software and have ripped a number of SACD's already, if you need yours ripped I can take you through it and even rip them for you.

I am in Switzerland for the week but will be back in Ireland at the weekend so let me know if you are interested.
Cheers, Pearse.

Post by Diapason »

I must have been on the M50 by then, Pearse! I'll certainly take you up on your mind offer. Thank you.