Anyone tried JPlay?

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: Anyone tried JPlay?

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:
nige2000 wrote: i think sbgk may have coded ks to be a smoother presentation (to take out a detail digital glare caused by regular pc/dac noise and jitter) to suit most unmodded pc configs
all ks does is allows the player to get closer to the driver, suspect it's the extra data copy and code in wasapi that gives it a harder sound. I get more detail from ks as well.

If you think that cpu noise affects the sq then ks has much less going on which should mean lower noise.
i wouldnt disagree with that as such
a good while back you had uploaded <=10 ms ks versions
they had lot of the properties that are missing like agility, speed, control and decay
where kick drum or a crack of a whip sound real
fast, immediate and accurate
back then i thought your ks was going to pass out wasapi very soon
kick drum on jplay still sounds loose

its my belief that detail/micro detail in devices that suffer from noise and/or jitter has that fuzzy uncomfortable "digital" sound
any of the guys that have done power mods such as pico psu bypasses, separate power to devices, ssds, usb cards, clocks cpu's etc will always describe results such as increased clarity, bass control, increased dynamic range, cleaner highs, deeper lows etc etc
these sorts of things can transform a digital haze into a holographic 3d image
this also puts the os and players under the microscope and makes player testing much easier
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Hifidelit

Post by Hifidelit »

nige2000 wrote: kick drum on jplay still sounds loose
That reminds me of an article I read a few years ago probably in Stereophile where the reviewer was listening to a very expensive CD player. If I remember the story right (unlikely) the reviewer complained to a recording studio guy that the kick drum sounded loose compared to his vinyl rig. The reply was something like - that's the kick drum over there it's big and old and loose.....

I couldn't find the article when I last looked on Stereophile but remembered it as interesting when i first read it (wherever it was).
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I got my email today for jplay 6.1. Any of you guys beta tested it?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Fran, there wasn't any Beta testing(that I know about). I think the update is mainly the inclusion of Tidal and there is a small mention of an SQ update.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

I think it is mainly a STREAMER mode update.
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers