Leak Stereo 60 Power Amp

Andy S

Leak Stereo 60 Power Amp

Post by Andy S »

Apologies, long time no post for me guys, new job, long hours, not much time for hi-fi or music :(

I have just acquired a Leak Stereo 60 Amp together with a Leak Varislope 2 Pre-Amp, I have no idea if it works yet, I need to clean everything up first as it is covered in grime/dust. Original Mullard valves intact on the power amp and I suspect it was just neglected hence the dust but well looked after as the guy I got it from had a stroke and really talked passionately about the amp.

I run an active system so the only speakers I have to try this on would be the pair I have outside.

There is a guy on Ebay who offers a refurb on these which might be an option, just wondering if any of you have any experience with the Stereo 20 or 60 for tips on the way to check things out
JAW

Re: Leak Stereo 60 Power Amp

Post by JAW »

Andy S wrote:Apologies, long time no post for me guys, new job, long hours, not much time for hi-fi or music :(

I have just acquired a Leak Stereo 60 Amp together with a Leak Varislope 2 Pre-Amp, I have no idea if it works yet, I need to clean everything up first as it is covered in grime/dust. Original Mullard valves intact on the power amp and I suspect it was just neglected hence the dust but well looked after as the guy I got it from had a stroke and really talked passionately about the amp.

I run an active system so the only speakers I have to try this on would be the pair I have outside.

There is a guy on Ebay who offers a refurb on these which might be an option, just wondering if any of you have any experience with the Stereo 20 or 60 for tips on the way to check things out
Hi Andy, I'm falling over speakers here so can lend you a pair if you like.