Hello, i am new

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Ivor

Re: Hello, i am new

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote:Welcome Panda you are joining a mixed bunch of nationalities all drunk on the same drug, Hifi.
In fairness I have quite a few addictions.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Since English is not my first language, before I found this forum I just talked in a broken english!
Now I speak a broken english with an Irish accent!
Welcome!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
panda2rom

Post by panda2rom »

Thank you all for the very warm welcome :)

Well Ken, so far, i'm very happy, neighbours are great, city is cool, traffic ain't so bad...
And thx for the link to that blog !
Before the move, we made two trip with my wife, so we already checked out some places :)
So far best bread (and fish) is in Cavinstons :)
Oh; and great choice going with Focals, one of the few french brand that actually still build its Hifi speakers in France.
peelaaa

Post by peelaaa »

Bonjour, I remember that philips cd player when it was first in the shops. It was a solid piece of kit.

Its interesting that you state about all the great live music here, yet lack of hifi shops. A friend of mine goes to live gigs once/twice a week and he's in his fifties, yet his audio equipment consists of his pc and pc speakers. he just doesn't care about the playback quality at home but loves the live performances during the gigs. I think the pints of heineken may help make that decision though hic.
panda2rom

Post by panda2rom »

Bonjour Peela,

Indeed it was a solid tank CD player !
After all, it's 30 years old and still working :)
And it's 14 bit, and no gold anywhere, no remote even lol ! but it still play some fine music :)

I'm sure Heineken plays its part, but in itself, it can't explain the lack of interest for Hifi ! I mean, it's not like the germans or the brits don't drink beer :)

I have been to Clooney, this morning, and they are very friendly :)
That being said, i was expecting something bigger for like the best (and only?) hifi shop in Dublin.
sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

Hey un confrere Francais !
Bienvenue à bord ! Ca fait plaisir :)
TTYS
Tubes & Vinyls are making life brighter..
panda2rom

Post by panda2rom »

Merci !

T'es à Dublin depuis longtemps ?
sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

12ans

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Tubes & Vinyls are making life brighter..