Classical Christmas

markof

Classical Christmas

Post by markof »

For the season that's in it.
Mark
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
markof

Re: Classical Christmas

Post by markof »

Here's another fine record for Christmas.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Jose Echenique

Post by Jose Echenique »

Also an unmissable Christmas record.
Jose Echenique

Post by Jose Echenique »

XVII Century Neapolitan Christmas music.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Does this count as classical? I dunno, but I love my traditional carols from Kings:

Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
markof

Post by markof »

Jose Echenique wrote:Image

Also an unmissable Christmas record.
Lovely record.
Thanks for the recommendation.
Mark
Jose Echenique

Post by Jose Echenique »

Not just a new recording of Messiah, but a very special one. Superbly conducted by Dutch maestro Peter Dijkstra, this is a Messiah as thrilling, awe inspiring, and beautiful as any you have heard. The amazing Bavarian Radio chorus sing as stylishly as any period chorus, with perfect diction and flawless intonation. The young period orchestra B´ Rock from Belgium play splendidly. The soloists know what they´re singing about. Definitely NOT a routine performance. And the live sound from the Herkulessaal from Munich is exemplary.
DonKC

Post by DonKC »

Not just a new recording of Messiah, but a very special one. Superbly conducted by Dutch maestro Peter Dijkstra, this is a Messiah as thrilling, awe inspiring, and beautiful as any you have heard. The amazing Bavarian Radio chorus sing as stylishly as any period chorus, with perfect diction and flawless intonation. The young period orchestra B´ Rock from Belgium play splendidly. The soloists know what they´re singing about. Definitely NOT a routine performance. And the live sound from the Herkulessaal from Munich is exemplary.

I second Jose's appraisal, this is indeed an incredible performance. Our local orchestra does the Messiah annually. A big bloated affair with 250 member chorus. Never heard it, never want to. But the Dijkstra performance is brilliant, not bloated but not a dry, stripped down affair either.

Listen to this if you get a chance.
Seán

Post by Seán »

DonKC wrote:

I second Jose's appraisal, this is indeed an incredible performance. Our local orchestra does the Messiah annually. A big bloated affair with 250 member chorus. Never heard it, never want to. But the Dijkstra performance is brilliant, not bloated but not a dry, stripped down affair either.

Listen to this if you get a chance.
Thanks lads. I am interested in getting a GREAT performance of the Messiah. The only recording I have is the Suzuki which leaves me cold, freezing cold in fact. I must get a copy of the Dijkstra CD.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Jose Echenique

Post by Jose Echenique »

You won´t regret it Seán. It IS special.