MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
minionas

Re: MQN

Post by minionas »

sbgk wrote:no comments on 258/102/47 ? I thought the new alignment made it sound pretty fantastic.
Yes its fantastic indeed. More air. Again more insight. Seems a bit more body aswell. Love it.
Well done again!
minionas

Post by minionas »

sbgk wrote: uploaded 258/102/47 - new alignment technique. The best yet, problem is more noises off are audible now.
On pimped audiopc it feels like more definition, not noises. At least for me.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

minionas wrote:
sbgk wrote: uploaded 258/102/47 - new alignment technique. The best yet, problem is more noises off are audible now.
On pimped audiopc it feels like more definition, not noises. At least for me.
yes, I mean't noises the musicians make while playing were more prominent due to the amount of detail.

found 258/102/47 just lacking a bit of treble so uploaded 260/103/48
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

How is the user experience, can you use it with foobar?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
janh

Post by janh »

Listening to play/Loader v260/103 with rewrite v 48 vs v258/102 with rewrite v47.

Quite noticable difference. v258/47 has more reverb. I prefer the less reverb of v260/48, love the clearity. Thank you again, Gordon.

P.S. My recent problem with downloading your files in Firefox was due to a faulty antivirus add-on. Disabled it, now ok.
Gigabyte H97M-D3H with PPA OCXO module. i7-4790T, 800MHz. 8GB Ram, 800MHz.
PPA 2-rail LPSU & Pico. JCAT battery for OS-SSD and PPA v3 USBcard.
Server 2012 R2, AO 1.40. APL HiFi DAC-S, upd. Only use 1644 .wav
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

janh wrote:Listening to play/Loader v260/103 with rewrite v 48 vs v258/102 with rewrite v47.

Quite noticable difference. v258/47 has more reverb. I prefer the less reverb of v260/48, love the clearity. Thank you again, Gordon.

P.S. My recent problem with downloading your files in Firefox was due to a faulty antivirus add-on. Disabled it, now ok.
yes, don't think that was a good version, too much loss of bass.

uploaded 261/104/49 which is better all round, think I was using the wrong instruction for the loop (technically it was clearing the instruction pipeline which I hadn't realised), so better detail and air now.

Notice that before the track starts there is zero noise and then an audible background noise that is part of the recording then the music, mainly in classical tracks. Ironic for those searching for a black background when the background noise is captured as part of the recording, so if you have a black background you're missing some of the detail.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
janh wrote:Listening to play/Loader v260/103 with rewrite v 48 vs v258/102 with rewrite v47.

uploaded 261/104/49 which is better all round, think I was using the wrong instruction for the loop (technically it was clearing the instruction pipeline which I hadn't realised), so better detail and air now.

Notice that before the track starts there is zero noise and then an audible background noise that is part of the recording then the music, mainly in classical tracks. Ironic for those searching for a black background when the background noise is captured as part of the recording, so if you have a black background you're missing some of the detail.

Hey Gordon

On Google drive you removed the '260-generation' but did not upload any of the '261-generation'.
Got my DAC back yesterday, so now I'm curious of course.

Cheers
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:

Hey Gordon

On Google drive you removed the '260-generation' but did not upload any of the '261-generation'.
Got my DAC back yesterday, so now I'm curious of course.

Cheers
put them back up, wasn't sure about them as was working on something else, but couldn't get the balance right.

next version has more detail, just need to work out if it's too in your face.

What I'm working on now is the instruction before the loop as it seems to make a difference even though it's not executed. Hopefully that's the last bit.

uploaded 262/105/50 - see what you think
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

Ok thanks

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:no comments on 258/102/47 ? I thought the new alignment made it sound pretty fantastic.

Have one bought one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-1-XMOS-USB-Di ... 1a11703c3c, causing great excitement on headfi.
the thread op says that this is the first device he's had where jplay doesn't have an effect on sq, if so then we are in new territory where the upstream source doesn't matter. Mines been shipped so may find out sometime.