MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Octagon

F-1

Post by Octagon »

sbgk wrote:The F1 effect is that each instrument, vocal etc is distinct and the sound has a nice tone and sounds live/analogue.
My F-1 is playing since noon now. Amazing update in sq! With better, clearer bass one recognizes room much better. Depth wins clearity. It seems like there is added room between every single instrument. As mentioned they are more distinct. Chorus is much more detailed in single voices. Stage depth wins enormous details which adds better localization of single musicians
and movements.

Great fun to listen! And still room for improvement as power is now normal USB power....

Enjoy
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
sima66

Re: F-1

Post by sima66 »

Octagon wrote:
sbgk wrote:The F1 effect is that each instrument, vocal etc is distinct and the sound has a nice tone and sounds live/analogue.
My F-1 is playing since noon now. Amazing update in sq! With better, clearer bass one recognizes room much better. Depth wins clearity. It seems like there is added room between every single instrument. As mentioned they are more distinct. Chorus is much more detailed in single voices. Stage depth wins enormous details which adds better localization of single musicians
and movements.

Great fun to listen! And still room for improvement as power is now normal USB power....

Enjoy
Thomas
Thomas, what USB Interface you had before the F-1?
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Octagon

Re: F-1

Post by Octagon »

sima66 wrote:Thomas, what USB Interface you had before the F-1?
Hi Sima,

RME Fireface UCX connected via USB fully offline powered with 12V batterie and capacitors. See some details in my signature below ;)

I have finished some experimental setups ending up now with a chain of two PCs. Simply said, PC1 is player, PC2 is used for Acourate Convolver and room correction. Chain looks like this:

PC1 (player) > USB > F-1 > Spdif > FF UCX > USB > PC2 (Acourate Convolver) > USB > FF UCX (Dac) > XLR > partly activated speaker setup: 4x Abacus Dolifet 60 120 D including individual analog crossover > 2x KEF LS50 with unmodified crossover, 2x Abacus ABS 210 Subwoofer individually modified

Even with sending the signal 2 times through the USB connection of PC2 the improved sq of the F-1 is kept!

Don't want to spam Gordons thread with more off topics details. But in case there is more interest, just let me know.

Take care
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
sima66

Re: MQN

Post by sima66 »

Thanks Thomas, but if I understand correctly you just added F-1 in your chain?!
In my case would be REPLACING the Soniweld Diverter, right? They do the same thing, no?
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

sima66 wrote:In my case would be REPLACING the Soniweld Diverter, right? They do the same thing, no?
Yes, sir ;)
internethandle

Post by internethandle »

It looks to me like the person who created the Head-Fi thread on the F1 has since moved on to one of the (rather expensive) Icron USB->LAN->USB extenders, and he's claiming big jumps in SQ. Icron is, apparently, also the company behind the upcoming PSAudio LANRover, although PSAudio says that they've had Icron develop their product specifically for audio purposes (e.g. better power regulation, etc. than the normal models). Exciting stuff!
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

internethandle wrote:It looks to me like the person who created the Head-Fi thread on the F1 has since moved on to one of the (rather expensive) Icron USB->LAN->USB extenders, and he's claiming big jumps in SQ. Icron is, apparently, also the company behind the upcoming PSAudio LANRover, although PSAudio says that they've had Icron develop their product specifically for audio purposes (e.g. better power regulation, etc. than the normal models). Exciting stuff!
and yet he still uses foobar2000, think he's also had jplay, but said there was no difference. I could hear differences when using mqn vs playpcmwin.
taggart

Post by taggart »

Another guy who tried the USB-LAN-USB extender clamed that in his chain it sounds worse compared to the Intona. He'll send the Icron back. Interesting yes, but not easy to tell.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Seems to be a maze of different versions and oems bandnames etc almost like lucky dip
Sure is a whole lot of enthusiasm over on headfi

Id be waiting on the wave if uber regen device's
See what the reports are like
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

gordon's take on the F-1 made me think to give it a try and it is pretty frickin' great. the rest of the stuff discussed in that thread is too all over the place for me. i can barely keep a handle on what's happening here...
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251