Anna Netrebko with Elīna Garanča behind the scenes

Seán

Anna Netrebko with Elīna Garanča behind the scenes

Post by Seán »

Anna and Elīna are two lovely ladies, Anna is a joy. Very enjoyable clips.
Operngala 2007 Festspielhaus Baden - Baden, Anna Netrebko, Elina Garanca, Vargas, Tezier, Armiliato

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
tony

Re: Anna Netrebko with Elīna Garanča behind the scenes

Post by tony »

Wow was wondering last night who sang with Netrebko on the 3minute ditty Barcorolle

This started a search on youtube and on to some german classical cd site. Elina's voice is incredible and will certainly be searching out her various CD's. Popped back to tirna to see if the local aficionado's had some pointers

Thanks for the link Sean it is a great find. Garanca seems to be able to speak 4 languages and sure if you have taken Anna I will happily chat with Elina

Maybe this is will be my first slip on the classical slippery slope. Couldn't stop watching the various performances.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Thanks for the feedback Tony, I am delighted you enjoyed them.

I am afraid we might come to blows over Elīna, she is the complete package, she is delightful actually. I prefer her voice to Anna's:

Here she is raising the temperature as Carmen at the Met:
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

I LOVE this clip. If you listen to it a few times you will get familiar with this piece. the choir and orchestra are great and Elīna is magnificent.
Pietro Mascagni - Cavalleria rusticana "Regina coeli laetare" (Elīna Garanča, Dresden 29.11.2014)

Adventskonzert aus Dresden 29.11.2014
Kammerchor der Frauenkirche - Sächsischer Staatsopernchor Dresden
Pablo Heras-Casado --- : DIRIGENT
Elīna Garanča ------------- : MEZZOSOPRAN

Splendid Frauenkirche Dresden ! Magnificent VOICE of my DIVA Elīna Garanča !
Last edited by Seán on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seán

Post by Seán »

And this is oh so different Elīna with the fabulous Fabio Biondi and his Europa Galante performing an excerpt from Vivaldi's Bazajet.

The DVD and CDs made be had here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vivaldi-Bajaze ... et+dionfdi
tony

Post by tony »

Seán wrote:Thanks for the feedback Tony, I am delighted you enjoyed them.

I am afraid we might come to blows over Elīna, she is the complete package, she is delightful actually. I prefer her voice to Anna's:
Agree much prefer Elína's voice mezzo soprano I believe and re complete package. Anna sings at much higher pitch and being russian is a bit mad! Afraid we will be coming to blows!

Thanks for the other links have been hopping around youtube and will post up the cd's I am thinking of getting.

The bit that surprises me was my search here only brought up your post Sean, Shocked nobody on the classical front has mentioned her previously. I am total luddite on classical but the stuff linked above I think would be hard to better.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.