Upcoming organ recital featuring...Me!

Diapason

Upcoming organ recital featuring...Me!

Post by Diapason »

Yes, it's time once again for shameless self-promotion! I'll be playing in St Michael's, Dun Laoghaire on Sunday 7th August at 8pm, details available here. Tickets are €12, available at the door.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
fergus

Re: Upcoming organ recital featuring...Me!

Post by fergus »

Well done Simon. Your performance and programme last night was quite superb. I would think your best performance that I have attended. Your Bach was wonderful. Your choice of programme overall certainly was not designed to make life easy for yourself; some fiendish Paganini-esque playing coupled with some very deft footwork. I think that you should drop the Diapason handle and adopt “Nicolo del organo” instead! Very impressive sir; well done!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Diapason

Re: Upcoming organ recital featuring...Me!

Post by Diapason »

Thanks so much Fergus! I was delighted you were able to come along, and I'm even more delighted that you enjoyed it. As you say, the programme was tough and provided a big challenge, but I was reasonably pleased with how it all went. It feels very strange not to have to practise tonight!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2