Computer (digital) output to USB, how

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Rocker

Computer (digital) output to USB, how

Post by Rocker »

PC running Windows 10, the audio output from Foobar2000 and Internet radio is routed through the headphones socket at the back of the computer. This output is analogue but I have an unused DacMagic that has USB input and I would like to bring this into use. So my question is: how do I redirect the digital output to USB on the computer? Thanks.
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
Ivor

Re: Computer (digital) output to USB, how

Post by Ivor »

Simply connect with a USB cable and select that device as the default audio out.
I'm sure somebody will be along with a much longer more detailed answer using very big words and numbers, sometimes words and numbers in the one word!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Thanks Ivor but how do I select that device. I find it difficult to "find" things in Windows 10. In the old days there was the Control Panel which had everything neatly arranged and easy to follow/understand......
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Going to take a flyer at this as I have not used a Win10 GUI for Dac out for some time.

On the bottom right of Desktop you should see a little speaker icon in the taskbar.
Right click on it and select Playback Devices.
In the Playback section you should see your DAC connected by USB.
Left Click on it and set it as Default using button on the bottom of the window.
You should be good to go at this point if playing back normal formats like 16 44 tracks but if you are looking to play higher resolution tracks then go to the Properties tab in this same window.
You can set the DAC up with supported formats by clicking and selecting on the options available.
By clicking the Test button with the DAC connected to your system you should hear a sound on Test for each format you click and check that will work for your DAC.

Post by Ken Moreland »

Hold down the windows button (looks like a little flag with 4 squares) and x button and you'll get a link to control panel .
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Ken Moreland wrote:Hold down the windows button (looks like a little flag with 4 squares) and x button and you'll get a link to control panel .
Gold.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable