Soekris Dam Dac

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: Soekris Dam Dac

Post by nige2000 »

Sligolad wrote:What is it Nige??
Soekris 1101 consumer dac and headphone amp
Sounds ok
It's USB powered with dc dc converters

Needs more modding than had anticipated
Think he's gone down the convenience route
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:Glad I am not the only one wondering what it is.
I had a moment of madness earlier in the week also but I think it should be easier to identify. Before you ask Nigel my hands are shaking from excess coffee drinking hence I haven't finished soldering the flip flop yet!

Yes I've one of those too
Great grinder
Don't drop it on your toe though
she's all old skool eng
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

nige2000 wrote: Soekris 1101 consumer dac and headphone amp
Sounds ok

Thought it might have been Soekris alright but could not find it on the Soekris website.
Looks like a nice all in one unit with isolation and DDC.

Had a few moments of madness lately as well.....new JCat Femto USB card, PPA OCXO SD card drive and Startech 100m 4 Port USB 2.0 Over Direct Cat5e/Cat6 Ethernet Extender System with USB pen drive for music.

Post by tony »

Did a bit of internet digging and I see on diyaudio Soekris and Diyinhk seem to go at it occasionally. I understand now where you guys got all the ammo for the various directions taken over the last year. This looks like a nice cheap R2R dac but maybe Nigel got that already.

http://www.diyinhk.com/shop/audio-kits/ ... clock.html

Look like Pearse has gone nuclear for the new year. Just when I thought the new card on the LZ was closing the gap a bit with the Big7.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Sligolad wrote:
nige2000 wrote: Soekris 1101 consumer dac and headphone amp
Sounds ok

Thought it might have been Soekris alright but could not find it on the Soekris website.
Looks like a nice all in one unit with isolation and DDC.

Had a few moments of madness lately as well.....new JCat Femto USB card, PPA OCXO SD card drive and Startech 100m 4 Port USB 2.0 Over Direct Cat5e/Cat6 Ethernet Extender System with USB pen drive for music.
the problem with following rb2013 is that he uses foobar2000 as the source so it's compromised from the start and he's just trying to rebuild what foobar2000 has damaged.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

sbgk wrote: the problem with following rb2013 is that he uses foobar2000 as the source so it's compromised from the start and he's just trying to rebuild what foobar2000 has damaged.
He is good for trying new stuff and I think he is holding back a bit with the F1, there are better DDC's out there now from DIYINHK.
The Startech setup is really good and it just marginally beats the PPA OXCO CF Card drive for storing and reading the music files into RAM.

Do not use foobar myself, still on wtfplay with custom player under development which bypasses ALSA libraries and goes direct to Linux kernel, sounds very good with all the added USB stuff, hopefully someone will develop a good solution that does it all at a good price in the coming year.

Post by sbgk »

Sligolad wrote:
sbgk wrote: the problem with following rb2013 is that he uses foobar2000 as the source so it's compromised from the start and he's just trying to rebuild what foobar2000 has damaged.
He is good for trying new stuff and I think he is holding back a bit with the F1, there are better DDC's out there now from DIYINHK.
The Startech setup is really good and it just marginally beats the PPA OXCO CF Card drive for storing and reading the music files into RAM.

Do not use foobar myself, still on wtfplay with custom player under development which bypasses ALSA libraries and goes direct to Linux kernel, sounds very good with all the added USB stuff, hopefully someone will develop a good solution that does it all at a good price in the coming year.
that sounds interesting any idea when that version will be available ?
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

right
SHIFT REGISTER CLOCKING/RECLOCKING
anyone up for it?
fairly certain this will work
could be a big improvement
would be very surprised if it isnt

nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Nige, just to stop the tumbleweed, I'll pitch in

Wont the FPGA clock be out of synch with these replacement clocks - you're not thinking of routing the new clock signal back to the FPGA, are you?

Will this not mean that the BCLK & LRCLK will not be synched with the new clocks?

I'm trying to get my head around this
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.