Listening Clubs

nige2000

Re: Listening Clubs

Post by nige2000 »

panda2rom wrote:I'm sorry to say, but if we can't use their parking, i don' t really see the point.
100 euros for 3 hours isn't exactly cheap.
I don't know the details of the room though. but...

for 150 euros, we can get half a day of castle goodness with a parking.
https://www.meetingsbooker.com/ie/en/me ... inprice=40

The Viking suite has alot of space :
Width: 9.7m
Length: 19.8m
Height: 2.6m
Total Floor Space: 193m

Someone with a better english accent than me could contact them. Or, using that website, might find other suitable venue.

Like this one, less nice, close to Dublin Airport, 77 euros :

Room Dimensions
Width: 15m
Length: 15m
Height: 3m
Total Floor Space: 225m

More expensive : 150 euros for half a day, but with 4m height !

Room Dimensions
Width: 9.14m
Length: 7.6m
Height: 4m
Total Floor Space: 70m

I think, we could also investigate Yatch Club and Golf Club, they usually have nice room to rent.

Cheers,
i like your thinking

think need to collect a yearly listening club fee say 100-150 euro each (prob need >12 members)

book a couple of venues alternatively north and south side every month - 6 wks

unlikely everyone could make it every time........ but the structure would keep it consistent and stable

im sure we could find something interesting to do with any leftover membership fees
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Yep, they look like good options. 100 Euro was dearer than I was expecting for the space in question, so definitely worth looking around for alternatives.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

100e probalby ain't bad. But there's a big difference if 5 people turn up or 20. I would say that realistically, 8-10 is more likely I would think?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
tony

Post by tony »

Following this thread and happy to go with whatever transpires but at the 8-10/15 level to my mind depending on space it is often easier to host it in a house. No time limit then and more relaxed and comfortable environment for folks. €10 a head would deliver nice takeaway or food of some sort for a day out for all. The problem with this type of idea sometimes can be trying to make it occur too regularly it ends up then not happening at all. Fair play to Simon for trying to get it off the ground. Alsaa is a no no I think it looks too industrial etc and paying for an intimate space suitable for hifi is worth it imho. The listening suites original shop/room was a fantastic space for music and would comfortably hold what people are suggesting. Would be great if that type of venue was available.

Visited Kylemore House in the summer this would be a nice venue! http://www.kylemoreabbey.com/choirs-and-performances/
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
panda2rom

Post by panda2rom »

You don't need to go that far Tony...
http://christchurchcathedral.ie/venue-h ... usic-room/

I mean, even the National Concert Hall is for hire.
https://www.nch.ie/Online/Hire-The-Hall

But to hire this kind of venue, we'd need alot more people :)

-So let's start with something, somewhat affordable and convenient, and do a first meeting. then once it's done we can talk about what's next.

The room i selected are much bigger than... most people houses.
Not to mention living room...
So acoustic should be very good, especially the one with 3m+ ceiling.

i'm saying that, i'm saying nothing :)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I always assumed we'd try different venues I initially. Not only to be fair to all regarding distance etc. but also it will take a while to find a venue that "clicks". We can assume an attendance of 10 - 15 initially and I'd expect that to rise. We don't have to have everything perfect from the start... we just have to start! Looking forward to this!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
panda2rom

Post by panda2rom »

We might have been going the wrong way about this.
I mean, someone will have to do the booking and take out the cash out of his own wallet.
Only fair, that person will choose the venue for the first meeting.

Maybe, let's pick a date first... 22/01 ? 29/01 ?
PeterK

Post by PeterK »

Has everybody gone cold on this idea?
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

No, there's a little bit of discussion still going on behind the scenes, although maybe not at the pace necessary!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

PeterK wrote:Has everybody gone cold on this idea?

Please stay on the line... your call is important to us.

Seriously Peter, as Simon says things are at the discussion stage and it's lengthy. We expect an announcement in the not too distant future. We appreciate your patience :)
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable