It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

Fran
Site Admin

Re: It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by Fran »

looks like a good solid job nigel. Yeah, I have the bridging links sorted, nice heavy copper links thanks to another forum member here naasbiker.

I'll get a pic up later....
Do or do not, there is no try
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

2292017231852.jpg
2292017231852.jpg (121.22 KiB) Viewed 418 times
2292017231913.jpg
2292017231913.jpg (122.2 KiB) Viewed 418 times
Do or do not, there is no try
naasbiker

Post by naasbiker »

Glad to be able to help Fran - you have got me out of a few spots over the years (just reminds me I still have your Saorview box).
Linn LP12, Ittok, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Lehmann Audio Black Cube, Arion Audio 300B, Living Voice Auditorium
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Not getting much time to drool over this stuff but wow million miles away from what was debuted at Fran and Gerry's Eist speaker meet up.

BTW finally got the LZ going again today. Not without the usual worries! Eventually figured out the wiring sequence. Have left out the reclocker for the moment just getting the leg resoldered and wires connected up correctly was enough for my heart tonight. I have moved the card to the back where amanero card resided. Also taking power from the LZ's 5v supply that was for the amanero so battery free inside. Just a lot of connector blocks and about kilometer of cable. Still all sounds fine
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:25 pm Not getting much time to drool over this stuff but wow million miles away from what was debuted at Fran and Gerry's Eist speaker meet up.
yea what was demoed at the Eist speaker meet up was only a little more than 'proof of concept ' type experimental prototype
this is a far far more refined evolution of that concept with what i think will be good build quality and components, the type of build you can throw in the car without worrying if somethings gonna come loose or break with the vibrations. Thats the kinda ruggedness im lookin for anyway
BTW finally got the LZ going again today. Not without the usual worries! Eventually figured out the wiring sequence. Have left out the reclocker for the moment just getting the leg resoldered and wires connected up correctly was enough for my heart tonight. I have moved the card to the back where amanero card resided. Also taking power from the LZ's 5v supply that was for the amanero so battery free inside. Just a lot of connector blocks and about kilometer of cable. Still all sounds fine
is that diyinhk card not 3.3v only?

how do you feel about soldering connectors to wires for the gb psu looms, do you think thats manageable or will you need demonstration?
quality control will be stringent :)
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Eh I hope it is 5v will check. Worked off 5v and was fairly sure that was the case. I thought I heard sizzling and was ready to cry but believe it was only the heater for the valves being more audible because the lid was off.

I suppose under supervision. Maybe a good idea would be for me to solder yours and you can do mine. That way we have all bases covered!

My biggest issue is shaky hands, I hate going near boards as the connections are so close together and tiny. But with the Metcal a few seconds seems to do the job.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

That Diyinhk board has only 2 x 3.3v connections Tony! No 5v connections.....maybe you are lucky and the lampi 5v is low and you are getting away with it.....i would not trust it long term.

Glad to see you got the cases finally Nige.....i have time to help out at the weekend with any drilling, tapping, etc. if you need an extra set of hands, let me know as I am flexible on both Saturday and Sunday as long as it is not too early in the mornings :-)

Slowly getting through the top and bottom sections of the cradles, I have enough for about 4 amps at the moment, another week of printing should see them finished and then I will print the tops.

Printing some in black at the moment but it is more difficult to work with than the white material, looks like I will have a right mix of colours by the time i am finished, black, white, semi-clear and maybe blue!!

Post by nige2000 »

yea i just need 150ish of these made up
will put some heatshrink on the ends later

between this and tapping is my least favourite part so im outsourcing most of it :)

you might be able to figure it out by this
if they wernt all jumbled up

note that the solder joints will stay liquid for a couple of seconds after the iron is removed
is a good opportunity to fine tune the position of the wire in the connector
needless to say connectors and wire will be fxxkin hot

frd1996

Post by frd1996 »

I recommend to reverse the steps when assembling these connectors: crimp first (even with a pliers) and then solder.