House moving sale

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Audioq

House moving sale

Post by Audioq »

Price reduced to €5k before they are put into storage.

About to move house so will have to give up my dedicated listening room 😢 and aquire some gear for a smaller space. So I need to part with a Perreaux 250i 40th anniversary integrated amp and my Thiel CS6s (the best speaker I have ever owned).

The Perreaux is an excellent high end integrated amp putting out 250wpc/8Ω, 500wpc/4Ω. See web for reviews. Original packaging and manuals. One of the best integrateds made, warm mosfet sound, will drive any speaker. RRP approx £8k

The Thiels are a fantastic speaker in superb condition but they do need a little bit of space to allow the drivers to integrate (sit at least 8 feet from the speaker) and a gutsy amp to drive them. I do not have the original box for the Thiels but can deliver or a pickup.

The Perreaux/Thiel combo is a perfect match.

If anyone is interested let me know. Can let both go for €6k. Can upload more photos if anyone is interested.

IMG_001.JPG
IMG_001.JPG (114.51 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
Last edited by Audioq on Tue May 16, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patbarrydub

Re: House moving sale

Post by patbarrydub »

Hi, are the speakers walnut? Where are you based and are you open to an audition?
Audioq

Post by Audioq »

Hi, the speakers are finished in what Thiel called Morado(?) It was a premium finish at the time. I am certainly open to auditions. Give me a PM if you'd like to set one up. I am based in Blessington. Cheers, Dave
Audioq

Post by Audioq »

Bump!
Audioq

Post by Audioq »

Audioq wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:33 pm Hi, the speakers are finished in what Thiel called Morado(?) It was a premium finish at the time. I am certainly open to auditions. Give me a PM if you'd like to set one up. I am based in Blessington. Cheers, Dave
Hi Patbarrydub. Did you get my pm reply to you? It seems to be stuck in my outbox !? Cheers.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Audioq wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:26 pm
Audioq wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:33 pm Hi, the speakers are finished in what Thiel called Morado(?) It was a premium finish at the time. I am certainly open to auditions. Give me a PM if you'd like to set one up. I am based in Blessington. Cheers, Dave
Hi Patbarrydub. Did you get my pm reply to you? It seems to be stuck in my outbox !? Cheers.
When a PM shows in the outbox it simply means it hasn't been read. There's always the possibility that the sender or recipient has a full box... worth checking.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Audioq

Post by Audioq »

Ivor wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:11 pm
Audioq wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:26 pm
When a PM shows in the outbox it simply means it hasn't been read. There's always the possibility that the sender or recipient has a full box... worth checking.
Thanks for the heads up Ivor. Didn't realise this. I have plenty of room in my inbox so I'll assume patbarrydub will get it. Cheers.