Cartridge Needed

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Ivor

Re: Cartridge Needed

Post by Ivor »

bod wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:08 pm That`s where I got my EL from. Sound chap too.
Patrick isn't it? Keep it local as possible!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
bod

Post by bod »

Tom is the chap I was dealing with ;-)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

bod wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:11 am Tom is the chap I was dealing with ;-)
You're right. Tom. A one man operation really.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
ConorW

Post by ConorW »

Thanks Ivor. Spoke with Tom and unfortunately he does not carry the Hana range.

Anyone got thoughts/experience with the Benz Micro Glider L?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
BlueSound Node 2i, Auralic Vega, AudioNote AN/E Speakers.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

ConorW wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:30 pm Thanks Ivor. Spoke with Tom and unfortunately he does not carry the Hana range.
Sorry about that, he certainly used to.

ConorW

Post by ConorW »

He mentioned that he is winding down the business. The market has been slow, stock is expensive so he will reduce his involvement.
Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

ConorW wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:51 pm He mentioned that he is winding down the business. The market has been slow, stock is expensive so he will reduce his involvement.
I got the impression he's been doing that for a while. Pity, he always had some really nice stuff and leans heavily toward analogue gear. Some lovely turntables.

ConorW

Post by ConorW »

Well, after extensive research and digging in to cartridge review evaluations I have settled on a Benz Micro Glider SL.
Tom in Ardhowen had some remaining stock available so I ordered it. Should be with me next week.

Thanks for your suggestions. I was between it and the Hana SL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

bod wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:54 pm Fran, the Titanium is going to Soundsmith shortly for a re-womble. Pity Clearaudio are a bunch of robbers on the trade-in front. Hope you`re keeping well. Dave.
Is it not a huge hassle sending it out of the EU with import charges etc?
Do or do not, there is no try
bod

Post by bod »

Dunno yet, but after doing some research (youtube videos!), I reckon Peter Ledermann is the man to do the job :-). Don`t like VDH stylii and not mad about sending such a beast to another third party who may be relative novices in the field (my perception!). Why Clearaudio cannot offer a re-tip service for a few hundred yo-yo`s tells me all I need to know about their priorities i.e; CASH.