SD player UI development

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
randytsuch

Re: SD player UI development

Post by randytsuch »

John
Didn't get a chance to play with your new software, but I did build another ESP IR transmitter, and modified the transmit software with the SDP IR codes, and it works!!

Can send IR codes for all buttons.

The downside is with the code I have now, it needs to be compiled with your ssid and wifi password. I tried to use other code that uses a library that sets up a temporary access point to enter in your information. That code compiled, ran, connected to my wifi after entering the information, and thinks it sent the ir codes. But no response at the SDP, so for some reason the ir codes were not actually sent. Stared for a while, then gave up. I may try again at some point, but I have something that works so likely to just push on.

I even made a "song" command that turns off power, waits a sec or two, turns on power, waits a bit, pushes enter key, waits a bit and the pushes enter key. Was just to a quick test, and it works fine, cycles power and registers the enters. I didn't tweak the times yet, just tried something to see if it would work.

BTW, I'm using platformio from platformio.org to compile my code. Its an alternate to the arduino compiler, and for some reason I have better luck compiling this stuff with platformio than with arduino.
I'm using the atom version right now, but may switch to VSCode version as it's supposed to be better.

Randy
MSI H81-P33 MB, Xeon E3-1225 V3, LPS/LIFEPO4 and Astron RS-12A, 240gb SSD music, 2nd SSD for OS, Mod SS PCIE USB card, Server2012 R2 Ess+AO+MQn, Amanero USB to DACEND ES9018 to Schiit Lyr amp to Senn HD 700 headphones
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

John
Check out this page
https://mattshub.com/2017/04/11/flashair-sd-card/

Look for this section
Modifying the web interface: W-02 and W-03 cards

There is a link to download his code

Copy the files to your flashair, and then to open the webpage.

Lets you copy and delete files to the flashair

BTW, I copied a flac file in 15 seconds from a drive connected to my router that is acting as a NAS. I just got a new router, and its pretty fast so that must help. And the router is not too far from the flashair.

Randy
MSI H81-P33 MB, Xeon E3-1225 V3, LPS/LIFEPO4 and Astron RS-12A, 240gb SSD music, 2nd SSD for OS, Mod SS PCIE USB card, Server2012 R2 Ess+AO+MQn, Amanero USB to DACEND ES9018 to Schiit Lyr amp to Senn HD 700 headphones
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

John
Hoping you can try writing, playing and deleting files. I power cycle after a delete or write so the SDP will see the new file.

After playing some songs, I had the SDP go into a weird mode when I tried to play a song, and only way to recover was to move the flashair to my pc to erase all files there.

Would like to know if you see this also.

Randy
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

I played with the flashair some more this weekend

If you only write without deleting, works much better. I started a session with a blank card, wrote a song, listened, and then wrote and listened and it works fine.

Once I heard a little noise while during a transfer while music was playing. Seems to be song dependent, I don't know if there are other factors. I listen with headphones, so may be more sensitive to low level background noise.

I can transfer songs with a macbook (I'm sure it would work with a laptop too), and an android tablet. I used a amazon fire tab that I changed to make it look more like a normal tablet and by removing a bunch of the amazon crapware. So an android phone would work too. Does not work with an iphone/ipad, at least I couldn't figure out how to transfer songs with those.

With an android, I needed a file manager program, and then its kind of a pain because had to get through the entire path for every song. Will try to make a shortcut and see if that works.

Songs are stored on a hard drive attached to my router. It works as a NAS.
Otherwise, music would need to be stored or attached to a laptop and use the laptop to transfer the songs.

I think I can change my ir program to make it do all the buttons.
I had to power off, power on, enter, up enter to play the last song, so its not that bad but should be easier in a ir blaster program.

Randy
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Would love to help Randy but all this stuff and Linux is a bit beyond me, good to see you are still at it though.

I tried out you guide on the PQI Air adaptor card but could not get it to work.
I managed to edit the file with your wifi info for SSID and Password and get it to stick after power down and back up but could not get the autorun.sh file to keep the edit after power down and back up.

Found guides on VI over telnet and made some progress but still seems way beyond my capabilities.
Best of luck with your work and hope it bears fruit.

Post by randytsuch »

Sligolad wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:10 pm Would love to help Randy but all this stuff and Linux is a bit beyond me, good to see you are still at it though.

I tried out you guide on the PQI Air adaptor card but could not get it to work.
I managed to edit the file with your wifi info for SSID and Password and get it to stick after power down and back up but could not get the autorun.sh file to keep the edit after power down and back up.

Found guides on VI over telnet and made some progress but still seems way beyond my capabilities.
Best of luck with your work and hope it bears fruit.
I ran into some problems with the pqi adapter card, and kind of shoved that aside, but I may try it again to see if I can get it to work.

I know there are concerns with the flash air sound quality, but I have a workable interface working with that card.