new speakers!

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
tony

Re: new speakers!

Post by tony »

Got to hear these guys last night. Really nice speakers and look great. Certainly very easy to live with. Plenty of detail and body and comfortably filled Ivor's listening room which aint small. Voiced similar to my Spendors but much nicer looking speakers.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:26 pm Got to hear these guys last night. Really nice speakers and look great. Certainly very easy to live with. Plenty of detail and body and comfortably filled Ivor's listening room which aint small. Voiced similar to my Spendors but much nicer looking speakers.
All too brief Tony., next time we'll get through more music!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Yes will go on foot next time with some wine in tow. BTW Listening to Macy Gray here at the moment. Tiz reasonable good on komputer audio!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:31 pm Yes will go on foot next time with some wine in tow. BTW Listening to Macy Gray here at the moment. Tiz reasonable good on komputer audio!
It is surely.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Ivor wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:11 pm
Fran wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:08 pm I had to look up "osculated"
It's French. Sorta.
More your Latin, try this:

Osculetur me osculo oris sui, quia meliora sunt ubera tua vino,
fragrantia unguentis optimis. Oleum effusum nomen tuum,
ideo adulescentulae dilexerunt te.

or in English:
Let him kiss me with the kiss of his mouth: for thy breasts are better than wine,
Smelling sweet of the best ointments. Thy name is as oil poured out: therefore young maidens have loved thee.
Not to worry, it's from the bible, namely the Song of Solomon. The plainchant has been parodied by many polyphonists, notably Lassus, in an eight part mass, a gorgeous LP of which was my introduction to the wonderful Tallis Scholars:

Enjoy the new speakers, Ivor!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Ciaran wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:30 pm
Fran wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:08 pm I had to look up "osculated"
It's French. Sorta.
More your Latin, try this:

Osculetur me osculo oris sui, quia meliora sunt ubera tua vino,
fragrantia unguentis optimis. Oleum effusum nomen tuum,
ideo adulescentulae dilexerunt te.

Enjoy the new speakers, Ivor!
[/quote]

Ah now, what little instruction I had in Latin was accompanied by a rythmnic thumping from a Christian Brother. I've blocked out most if it.

The speakers, over a year later, are still a revelation.

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Excuse the mangled quotes above.. I'm using my phone to reply following five hours of driving in the worst conditions imaginable!

Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Sounds hellish! I did a 90 minute drive earlier which should have taken 40, which was bad enough, but five hours sounds intolerable!

I doubt that the Latin the Christian Brothers were trying to beat into you was a juicy bit of the Old Testament!
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Admins!!!

I want any talk of Latin and they teachers of it, banned from the forum! It is just too close to the bone! No problem talking about speakers at all!