Cassette Tape

markof

Cassette Tape

Post by markof »

If you like cassettes you might like this:

http://c-90.org/catalogue/tapes

Mark
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
cybot

Re: Cassette Tape

Post by cybot »

markof wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:17 am If you like cassettes you might like this:

http://c-90.org/catalogue/tapes

Mark
Thanks for that Mark. It certainly brought a smile to my face. Terrific work on the research. I didn't realise the sheer volume of the different types. Mind boggling actually.....

"This page is dedicated to cassette tapes. Here you won't find any kind of scientific research, technical data or things like that. The authors' only message is just to give a visitor something interesting to look at. The era of this particular medium is slowly passing, and here we are trying to turn back time for 60 minutes, or, maybe, for 90..."
giant haystacks

Re: Cassette Tape

Post by giant haystacks »

the most valuable cassette is maxell metal vertex some that were rare like nakamichi chrome and maxell i think model was xl1s are valuable teac made metal reel tapes -toshiba because of rarity -denon and thats are good but were not sold much in ireland -quite a lot of good 2nd hand tape in usa which were from people called dead heads who recorded the grateful dead at concerts we all romanced in ford cortina listening to a hissey tdk d or maybe that was just me
best cassette deck nakamichi 1000zxl is now £2000 non runner and you have to send it to holland for service and the nakamichi dragon you can not get a replacement playback head
kind regards thanks for putting up the list